Join for free
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds like an advert promoting multiculturalism.
No Morti, multiculturalism will never work as long as there is religion, but racism could disappear if people assessed all as individuals, rather than labeling them with the country they originate from or the colour of their skin.
The only dominant factor should be the law of the country they live in!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No Morti, multiculturalism will never work as long as there is religion, but racism could disappear if people assessed all as individuals, rather than labeling them with the country they originate from or the colour of their skin.
The only dominant factor should be the law of the country they live in!
Racism will never disappear. This thread rather proves the point.
Religion is another issue .... even without religion British people will still say I'm English, Scottish, or Syrian or Polish or Afghani. No matter that a bit of official documentation says they are a British citizen in a geographic sense because they live in Britain.
That's why I thought it odd you should say what you said compared to your views on multiculturalism on other threads.
Possibly I have misunderstood you.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We want our goal posts back!
Yet another example, if one were needed, of Scottish thuggery and hooliganism.
And yet one more reason why I dislike the Scots, generally speaking that is, of course.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Yeah? Try being a German-Dutch-American brave enough to stay on board a discussion site that's 98% full of across-the-ponders.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:58 PM

Hi

I have never been fortunate enough as Ruthio has to attend the Last Night of the Proms in London.

I have for a number of years, attended the regional ones in Manchester and Birmingham.

Last year, I attended the Last Night of the Christmas Proms in Birmingham.

I was dressed up in my eccentric British outfit, complete with flashy Union Jack bow tie.

My partner was Polish, again dressed up to the nines,

I was frantically waving my Union flag, she was frantically waving her Polish flag.

Danny, one of my proteges was next to us, with an Iranian lady, again dressed to the nines,headscarf as well, frantically waving her Iranian flag.

Absolutely no problem at all, they will never forget their heritage, but both celebrating their Britishness.

They are both great additions to the UK, totally integrated.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Yeah? Try being a German-Dutch-American brave enough to stay on board a discussion site that's 98% full of across-the-ponders.

I salute You Madame for being so brave....not many Americans have survived as long as You have
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:07 PM

All the German, Dutch, and American people that I have had the pleasure of meeting on business, or on holiday in their native countries or here in England, throughout my life, have been delightful I am happy to say
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Racism will never disappear. This thread rather proves the point.
Religion is another issue .... even without religion British people will still say I'm English, Scottish, or Syrian or Polish or Afghani. No matter that a bit of official documentation says they are a British citizen in a geographic sense because they live in Britain.
That's why I thought it odd you should say what you said compared to your views on multiculturalism on other threads.
Possibly I have misunderstood you.
I think we both have similar views. I will try to get on with anybody, no matter what their colour or nationality. providing that are prepared to live by British laws whilst they live here, and not try to change them.
If I lived in their country I would expect to have to do the same!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think we both have similar views. I will try to get on with anybody, no matter what their colour or nationality. providing that are prepared to live by British laws whilst they live here, and not try to change them.
If I lived in their country I would expect to have to do the same!
What....even BOB?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:17 PM

Now listen, Bathilda Griet von Clinton, bend the knee and pay your taxes.

Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top