Join for free
Page 16 of 33 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
On the other hand, some sellers must be absolutely stupid.

If we were selling our car privately, the keys would never leave my hands. A buyer would be welcome to look at the car inside and out and even come for a test drive - as a passenger with me driving. I wouldn't dream of handing over the keys.

I'd even be worried about taking strangers in the car for a test drive with me, JBR.
They could easily bundle me out and pinch the car.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'd even be worried about taking strangers in the car for a test drive with me, JBR.
They could easily bundle me out and pinch the car.
You need a big burly bloke to go with you, Mups. One of the big burly blokes here on OFF.

Now, let me see. Who's the one closest to you?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 04:38 PM

I've just been talking to our painter and decorator. His wife got a phone call this morning from "a lady from the Council" to say they hadn't paid their council tax bill and they were going to send in the bailiffs to recover the debt if the money wasn't forthcoming. She phoned him in a panic. He said not to worry there's a mistake somewhere because the address quoted was wrong. She received 2 other calls from the same lady in less than 3 hours about the same thing. He has since reported this to the police who, he told us, are already aware of this scam.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just been talking to our painter and decorator. His wife got a phone call this morning from "a lady from the Council" to say they hadn't paid their council tax bill and they were going to send in the bailiffs to recover the debt if the money wasn't forthcoming. She phoned him in a panic. He said not to worry there's a mistake somewhere because the address quoted was wrong. She received 2 other calls from the same lady in less than 3 hours about the same thing. He has since reported this to the police who, he told us, are already aware of this scam.
The police should set up a 'sting' operation and catch the thieving buggers.
I've seen it on the telly!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Had a few automated calls today,(one even at 8.00am!), from what seems to be coming from abroad. All beginning with 044. The usual "press one. or your internet will be cut off" I tried to block the numbers, but was unsuccessful. Another pain in the ass to put up with!
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

03-02-2021, 10:28 PM

i,ve had one come through via txt saying i qualify for up to £800 if i have the covid jab , came with a link to click on.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:07 AM

My one of the day was a call about my Sky that I don’t have. Had a few minutes of fun with it explaining that I was a sky watcher and even had a telescope for watching for UFOs in the night sky. I wondered why he ended the call just as it was getting interesting.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Just had an asian voice purporting to be from BT this morning

He held the line that he was Bt until I finished laughing, then he started laughing, presumably aping me.

Briefly I got him off script. I asked him how many had he scammed this morning, he said two.

Could not get much more out of him so-

I bid him Adiós.

Note to self : Must remember to record for lolz.

Wouldnt you know i, they keep phoning back with some incoherent static

They have used about 5 different numbers so far- which I have blocked.

All too funny
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-02-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
My one of the day was a call about my Sky that I don’t have. Had a few minutes of fun with it explaining that I was a sky watcher and even had a telescope for watching for UFOs in the night sky. I wondered why he ended the call just as it was getting interesting.

Nowt like having a good laugh!

Some people feel sorry for these callers: they're just poor people doing a job.

I'm not one of those people.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:57 PM

Covid-19 Vaccine Bond scam!

Scammers are sending out emails, asking people to invest in a bond from Pfizer, the makers of the first Covid-19 vaccine.

Suposedly one year fixed-rate bonds run by US Bank Citigroup.

Pfizer says it has no involvement with this scam.

It also says that if the message, or an advert, does not come from the NHS, or the governement, it's likely to be a scam.

Page 16 of 33 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top