Join for free
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 05:21 PM

Re: Windows 10

Originally Posted by mart ->
My brother used Micrografx and mourned its passing. I see that if searched for now, it looks like you'd get a download link but the program always ends up as not being there. Some link trails eventually end at Corel's 'Painter' and 'PaintShop Pro' pages.

Good that you got it working on Windows 10. Compatibility mode was it?
Yes I had tried everything before but this time I used the troubleshooter and then clicked on everything I could see, can't remember just what worked now but I think it was the amount of colours that needed changing.
It was MPP 10 that I d/l from an illegal torrent website (don't tell anyone)....it works but it's not perfect.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Depends on how much graphics are needed or if you enjoy the pastime of making them but the non-pro version of Xara Photo & Graphics Designer is up among the best vector drawing programs. Closely followed by Serif DrawPlus. Inkscape is good as well ..and free. All run OK on Windows 10

CorelDraw is the industry standard but the full version is too expensive to buy purely for the hobby value of it. (I have the Home & Student version).
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 06:57 PM

I started the download at midday today, it is still churning away "starting the download", at just on 7.00pm. How long is it supposed to take/

Arthur
Gunner
New Member!
South Yorkshire
Gunner is female 

07-04-2016, 07:00 PM

i went for it and installed windows 10 but within half an hour uninstalled it, didnt like the layout of it so im sticking with what i,ve got
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
I started the download at midday today, it is still churning away "starting the download", at just on 7.00pm. How long is it supposed to take/

Arthur
Yes, I downloaded W10 on an old W7 laptop before Xmas, just to see what it was like you understand, and remember it took ages.

Patience is a virtue, so they say!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gunner ->
i went for it and installed windows 10 but within half an hour uninstalled it, didnt like the layout of it so im sticking with what i,ve got
I know exactly what you mean, but it can be modified either with or without some third party software (the name escapes me at the moment).

I have altered mine (without any additional software) so that the desktop largely resembles W7, which I am used to and prefer. There are some minor niggles which I think Microsoft shouldn't have introduced, as they serve little purpose. Perhaps it's just me and I need to get used to some different ways of doing things.

All in all, though, I am quite happy with W10. I think there are some improvements and, as I understand it, computers tend to run faster running W10 (although I cannot corroborate this personally, as I am now using a new laptop with W10 pre-installed).
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 08:26 AM

Re my long download of windows 10 - there was a problem with that. I aborted it and tried again yesterday, it downloaded quite quickly and all is working very well.

Arthur
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gunner ->
That's plenty long enough. Can't give it a fairer try than that.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:12 AM

i will stick with widows 7 and who cares about their security updates etc, you should be protected anyway with a good anti virus program, many of which are free
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:48 AM

Well I love it !
It is fast, reliable, user-friendly and comes with some good apps free of charge !

Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top