Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Skye
Uk
Skye is female 

22-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Re: Polite discourse vs hostility and rudeness

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
My conclusion

The allocated social standing of a person on Over50 forums is not important.
What is important is the social standing of a person who uses Over50 forums in real life.
I think I get your drift.....
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
All this bickering is just getting Me down...Please can We get back to NORMAL on this lovely mostly calm well run Forum?...Thank You ;~)
Good morning all.
O.K. May, I for one will make every effort to get back to normal inside, but not outside this forum.
This will be very difficult for me, but I will try, honest I will!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Good morning all.
O.K. May, I for one will make every effort to get back to normal inside, but not outside this forum.
This will be very difficult for me, but I will try, honest I will!
Heh heh...ok..That'll do for Moi..;~)
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Skye ->
I think I get your drift.....
Well answer me this, if on a thread like this, I read all the posts regardless of who posted them and regardless of the name against the post. That for me is good manners.

However I noticed another poster who considers they are far better than me, posted "I only read some posts depending on the name of the person who posted them". Now this type of superior attitude annoys me and I know I may be disliked for it. Is it me , as these up their own backside posters I find project rudeness and would they consider this response hostile?
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Well answer me this, if on a thread like this, I read all the posts regardless of who posted them and regardless of the name against the post. That for me is good manners.

However I noticed another poster who considers they are far better than me, posted "I only read some posts depending on the name of the person who posted them". Now this type of superior attitude annoys me and I know I may be disliked for it. Is it me , as these up their own backside posters I find project rudeness and would they consider this response hostile?
You must be reading too much into some of the posts Duke.
" I only read some posts depending on the name of the person who posted them "
I wouldn't have picked up on that comment at the time, but seeing it now it does stand out, but so what. its there opinion after all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Skye ->
A "well said" button sounds a good idea. Yes,the "report" button can be used by the devious.
I think you would find a report button is used against the devious.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:39 PM

It can be used either way.
Skye
Uk
Skye is female 

22-11-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
It can be used either way.
I agree.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 01:05 PM

I kinda like it the way it is,as adults we can and do have opinion's and quick comebacks that usually set the rude one's back on their heels.Please lets not over moderate,it will turn into a goody 2 shoes site, and that is the reason I have chosen here.There is already enough of those.Let's leave it as is.We all have scroll buttons if you dont like the thread scroll by it.That's what I do.There are alot of us that have left another forum because of Over-Moderation,Mod Favorites.and frankly it has been a exodus of huge numbers because of it.I know I haven't been here as long as others,But I think It is a Great Place to be and spend a few Hours.Let's leave it as is.Thanks.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
I kinda like it the way it is,as adults we can and do have opinion's and quick comebacks that usually set the rude one's back on their heels.Please lets not over moderate,it will turn into a goody 2 shoes site, and that is the reason I have chosen here.There is already enough of those.Let's leave it as is.We all have scroll buttons if you dont like the thread scroll by it.That's what I do.There are alot of us that have left another forum because of Over-Moderation,Mod Favorites.and frankly it has been a exodus of huge numbers because of it.I know I haven't been here as long as others,But I think It is a Great Place to be and spend a few Hours.Let's leave it as is.Thanks.

Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top