Join for free
Page 167 of 505 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 08:07 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The lastest Public Briefing makes complete sense to me and I now fully appreciate the necessity for drastic measures.

If I am advised to stay 'shielded' until Christmas and live on soup and porridge to give myself a few more years and to make hospital facilities available to others I am happy to do so.
I agree.
It will not upset me to stay in for the next few weeks, except for essential excursions of course.
I am due a blood test at the GP next Monday and a review at the eye hospital the day after. If I am not contacted by either, I shall telephone to ascertain whether or not to attend. The blood test can wait, but I'd really like to know whether I have glaucoma, as suspected.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 08:11 PM

The lastest Public Briefing makes complete sense to me and I now fully appreciate the necessity for drastic measures.

If I am advised to stay 'shielded' until Christmas and live on soup and porridge to give myself a few more years and to make hospital facilities available to others I am happy to do so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.
It will not upset me to stay in for the next few weeks, except for essential excursions of course.
I am due a blood test at the GP next Monday and a review at the eye hospital the day after. If I am not contacted by either, I shall telephone to ascertain whether or not to attend. The blood test can wait, but I'd really like to know whether I have glaucoma, as suspected.
JB I suggest you contact your surgery for advice, it is has been announced routine hospital appts other than cancer treatment are to change. Maybe you can make a telephone appointment to obtain your results.
Good luck I hope your results go well, I had suspected glaucoma but it turned out ok.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:17 PM

JB I suggest you contact your surgery for advice, it is has been announced routine hospital appts other than cancer treatment are to change. Maybe you can make a telephone appointment to obtain your results.
Good luck I hope your results go well, I had suspected glaucoma but it turned out ok.
Thanks Meg. I can already see my test results on 'Patient Access', but I shall have no results to see until after I have given my blood sample.

I have been given two sets of eye drops to reduce eye pressure, and shall continue them until advised otherwise. If it is glaucoma, I believe the drops will continue anyway (for life) but I'd still like to know the state of my eye pressure. If the hospital appointment is to be delayed, I can at least call in at the optician and ask for an eye pressure test. I'd be happy to pay for it to be done privately, but I'm sure the optician would waive any charge anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-03-2020, 09:37 PM

Covid-19 in God's County

If tha hath a sniffle
And thi throat is sore as well
If tha’s findin' breathin' tricky
And thi muscles ache like hell

Then tha’s likely got Corona
Tha shunt worry reyt enough
Because tha comes from Yorkshire
And tha’s med o’ better stuff

Keep thissen ’ydrated
Wi’ a pot o' Yorkshire tea
Or a pint or two o' John Smiths
(In fact better mek that three)

Then in a week tha’s feeling grand
Tha’ll be back at thi best
Tha can head out into t’ open
In thi flat cap and string vest.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:01 PM

Covid-19 in God's County

If tha hath a sniffle

Keep thissen ’ydrated

Many a true word spoke in jest JB......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:37 PM

Covid-19 in God's County

If tha hath a sniffle

Keep thissen ’ydrated

Brilliant! (not that I understood all of it)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Brilliant! (not that I understood all of it)
I did s'in am a yorkshire lass
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I did s'in am a yorkshire lass
Wot?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:58 PM

BAD NEWS PEOPLE
A new virus, which is spreading a hundred times faster than Coronavirus, has been discovered. The Imasthickasshit virus affects people's ability to shop normally. People with the Imasthickasshit virus will fill their trolleys with tons of toilet rolls, pasta and rice. Scientists think that Coronavirus and Imasthickasshit virus could be connected, but are worried by the speed at which Imasthickasshit virus is spreading. If you see anyone in a supermarket filling their trolleys with toilet rolls, pasta and rice, please keep well clear. Stay safe my friends.
Just brilliant!

Page 167 of 505 « First < 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top