Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Re: Nigel Farage for me - for you 2?

They may not run the country but they implement the decisions of their pay-masters. The Icelanders have jailed their crooked bankers, we're about to give ours the running of the country when we leave th EU.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You certainly hit the mark there!

Seriously, laws are passed following debate in the House of Commons. (Then, traditionally, the Lords tend to put their spoke in for some unknown reason.)
How MPs vote is influenced by a number of things, such as orders from the PM, backhanders from mates, whether a general election is looming, and so on.

One thing I personally would like to see is a publication of how each individual MP votes on important motions (or even whether they bother to vote at all - or even bother to attend). MPs should be accountable to their electorate.

Your ignorance of our constitution is astounding!!!

Bills proposed in Parliament must undertake THREE stages of reading in the House of Commons and THREE stages of reading in the House of Lords. Steges two in both houses are the 'committee' stages wherein amendments are made and debated. Only after the Bill has passed all stages of reading in both houses and receives the royal assent does it become an ACT of Parliament.

As to which individual members for or against such Bills, that information IS PUBLISHED in Hansard.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Your ignorance of our constitution is astounding!!!
Could you clarify, please?
Humorous banter or intentional offence?
Difficult to tell without a smiley.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Could you clarify, please?
Humorous banter or intentional offence?
Difficult to tell without a smiley.
I think that it was an intentional offence JBR.

Signed.
Troublemaker!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I think that it was an intentional offence JBR.

Signed.
Troublemaker!
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:18 PM

It would have been Farage for me but not now he has joined forces with that odious Prat george galloway.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
They may not run the country but they implement the decisions of their pay-masters. The Icelanders have jailed their crooked bankers, we're about to give ours the running of the country when we leave th EU.
Karma will eventually happen to the greedy elite who have taken control of governments and natural resources. The people just have to be pushed far enough to see reality and to get out of their armchairs and do something.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:53 PM

Afraid my marching days are nearly over, I think this will be my last year at Tolpuddle and my boots will be hung up after that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Afraid my marching days are nearly over, I think this will be my last year at Tolpuddle and my boots will be hung up after that.
Indeed. However there are thousands of others willing to stand up and be counted it seems. Take a look at the "Occupy Wall Street" movement and related "Occupy" movements worldwide. Note also how the US police state treats them. There will, in the end, be a war.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
It would have been Farage for me but not now he has joined forces with that odious Prat george galloway.
That's silly Tina, he hasn't joined forces with George Galloway, they just both agree that we should leave the EU in the same way that Jeremy Corbyn and David Cameron want us to stay in. You wouldn't say Corbyn and Cameron have joined forces would you?

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top