Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Re: Hip replacement

Feel for her Steve having to wear those stockings !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Physiotherapist came today.

My wife say that she said she's very pleased with her progress - so pleased in fact that she's told her to forget the crutches and just use her stick from now on - everywhere.

She can also have a shower now and she can go out for short runs in the car!

One drawback - one more week of the compression stockings!

She goes up to the hospital for a check-up at the end of the month and she'll get all the info on things she's going to be offered - like a gym class up there twice a week and other things after that at the local Leisure Centre, all government approved and organised apparently.

We don't definitely know about charges later at the Leisure Centre but my wife was told £2 per session - sound pretty fair.
We'll see later though and get all the info from the hospital.
By the way, I think I've said that there's a new housing development going up across the road from us?

This development paid for our new local Leisure Centre - which is about 75 yards from our front door! stevmk2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Glad to hear your wife is doing so well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Steve, I'm pleased to hear your wife's recovery is going well
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 07:47 PM

Well, as I more-or less anticipated, she's got over confident today and now she's regretting it a bit!

Despite my telling her "Don't overdo it!" she has done so.

Women!!

She's OK but she's got a bit of pain where she didn't have pain before - well, not recently anyway.

I'm monitoring her now but I don't mind saying that I'm a little bit peeved that she's overdone things when she knows damn well I worry all day about her!

I've had a tough day at work - there's only me to do everything and I am getting frazzled trying to keep up with it all but all I see is sympathy for my oppo who had a knee Op - 9 weeks ago!

No b****r in Management has bothered to ask how things are for me and my wife but my oppo's had get well cards, chocolates and the Service Manager enquiring how he is - and he's bloody milking it 'cos he's being paid all the time!

112 weeks.

112 weeks at I am 65 and I shall tell them what they can do - politely of course but forcefully.

Bloody favouritism!!

Sorry - had a bad day - maybe this should be in Rants!

I dunno - I'm 63 years old, I work hard, I'm conscientious, I don't skive yet it seems to me that if you make yourself POPULAR, you can skive off, swing the lead etcetera to you heart's content

I'm not like that.

I work to live and I believe that regardless of what I get paid, I work to the standard that I'm employed for - isn't that how it is, or how it once was?

Can't wait to be 65..............................stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 07:59 AM

Steve matey, I think by the time you get there (65) the Government will have moved the goal posts and you may have to work till 66 or 67 - I'd be inclined to check that out specifically because they're staggering it and it depends on how old you were when they dropped the boom.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

18-07-2014, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Steve matey, I think by the time you get there (65) the Government will have moved the goal posts and you may have to work till 66 or 67 - I'd be inclined to check that out specifically because they're staggering it and it depends on how old you were when they dropped the boom.
Already been officially confirmed by the DWP Joe as I thought of that some time ago, long before they actually decided to make changes. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Hi Steve - hope you have a better day today .....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

18-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi Steve - hope you have a better day today .....
My wife was up and about, eager to go out for a walk - a short one - but a gradual return to our Friday routine of going for walks and meeting up with friends on the way Patsy.

I suggested that she take off the compression stockings as the anti-clotting medicine ran out a week ago and the physio said 28 days is more than enough in her case.

We've got to keep an eye on her ankles though as any swelling up means it's best to put the stocking back on but in this heat she's really been suffering so, stockingless, she was looking forward to getting fresh air and maybe a bit of sun on her legs - but it's raining here!!

According to the online weather on four different sites it should be light cloud with sunny spells - but it isn't!

According to weather reports yesterday evening we'd have thunder, lightening and storms on Saturday night - it chucked it down for hours here!

Bit fed-up now. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Maybe the weather will clear soon, sometimes it is that quick - hope so .....

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top