Join for free
Page 18 of 38 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:15 PM

Re: Mod Nominations!

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol Ania! Titledom, I like that!

Seriously tho, Mags, Meg, Carole and Anne have helped look after - for about a decade now - many of the sites I run.

I consider them to be genuine friends and our most trusted and loyal members - I turn to them first whenever I need to discuss any serious site related issues, and I expect all future mods (and members) will look to them for guidance in all aspects of being part of the community.

I have thought about calling them Administrators but the potential risk of legal problems, either against them (through the site's actions or inactions) or against the site (through their actions or inactions) makes me feel that's a bad idea - I want to protect them (and the sites) as much as I can.

Besides, I want their titles to have SUPER in them... cos they are
Or you could make them

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:21 PM

make one for me with PERFECT on it
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I wasn't aware of any clique either, I'd be interested to know who they are
There isn't one Honey - I would take Sue_arnold's post with a pinch of salt tbh
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Or you could make them

We tried Prefects on Dogsey a while back, needless to say we abandoned the idea

Originally Posted by Honey ->
make one for me with PERFECT on it
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:34 PM

There isn't one Honey - I would take Sue_arnold's post with a pinch of salt tbh
I knew that already Azz, was just wandering if anyone would attempt to put the cat amongst the pigeons by trying to out innocent folk
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:55 PM

Maybe you see my understanding, somewhat lenient attitude as a sign of weakness. I don't
A lenient attitude is not a sign of weakness if it afforded to all.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

11-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
A lenient attitude is not a sign of weakness if it afforded to all.
It is most certainly afforded to all - but within context of how the user breaks our rules or guidelines, how often they do similar, previous chances given to them, etc.

Anyway, lets not derail this thread any further. Thanks. (That's a polite way of saying back on topic please )
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 09:22 PM

More seriously how about this.

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

11-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Monitor

reminds me of my school days and seems quite apt
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Although there are a couple on here i feel would make good moderators, i wont put their names forward. Its Azz that owns and runs this site and its up to him to make decisions on who he wants as a moderator.

Moderators on a general forum such as this should be impartial and fair, a hard combination to find as we all have our opinions and its not easy to keep personal views at bay when moderating. Best luck to any that take on the challenge.
I agree Nom, it isn't up to members to decide on who will moderate.

However, I have a suggestion for this, Azz can choose a moderator that hasn't been on the site for a long time, this way there will be no favoritism and they can be more objective

Page 18 of 38 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top