Join for free
Page 19 of 487 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:36 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Bring back the plastic nmac and those little plast concertina type plastic rain hats. Last night leaving the hospital, pouring. I took some of the nurses plastic aprons, and wrapped them around me. Rain was horizontal and about half a mile walk to car, with howling wind.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:36 AM

Been out and about early this morning,now in for the rest of the day.
Got withdrawal symptoms-no rugby this weekend!
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Wish you had taken a pic Celyn lol
Lashing down with really cold rain here so I'm in for the day again . Getting through my recordings of late night films at the rate of knots (whatever that means !!)
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:26 PM

It was dark, wet and blowing a gale. Horizontal rain and carrying two bags. The main hospital entrance has been closed for months while they redevelop (and of course build on the car parks) It means you have to walk right around the outside of the building to get to car parks. Southampton is a huge hospital. I feel so sorry for people with children or those in wheelchairs, as the wind whistles around the corners.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Windy and heavy drizzle this morning.
Chicken and veg cooking in the slow cooker,enough in there for two days.
No plans today,will catch up with recorded tv.this afternoon.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 09:48 AM

Hope you've dried out by now Celyn, what a trip. We went to play bowls (not very well) yesterday morning and the amount of water that had accumulated on the road by the time we came home was amazing. Filthy day, glad to be back in the warm watching an old "Gt. British Bakeoff" on the TV. Doesn't look much better out there this morning, but I haven't got to go out, so .....................
Celyn
Hampshire

21-02-2016, 10:01 AM

Just rescued a huge frog from my naughty cats. I hope it survives. My car is having a nervous breakdown, didn't think I was going to get home last night. Breaking down on the M3 in the rain was not appealing. Good job it's going in Tuesday anyway. I want a new car but no time to look. Having a day off hospital today. Daughter coming and we are going to do some household jobs. I am always worried going up ladders when no one here, just in case. My fall back to is Escape to the Country. I have a stash to fill those odd moments when nothing on. The news this morning is all EU. Not in the mood for that.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Wet and misty here , not nice
I'm having another lazy one ,might watch The Voice that I recorded last night later , not all that keen on the programme
Keep safe on that ladder Celyn xx
Celyn
Hampshire

21-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Daughter and I decided, even though a new Turbo vacuum head coming from Miele, to see what was wrong with the present one. Took rather a long time, daughter had to dive to Halfords to get a set of star wrenches. Had a heap of bits, put it back together, then found we still had a major component left. Took it apart and reassembled. Didn't work. Scream!!! So we were not to be beaten. Took it apart, found a few more bits that we didn't realise could come apart. Reassembled. Perfect. Two self satisfied ladies.

I did one stupid thing, and knew it was stupid that's the point. While daughter out I poured down the sink a full tin of powdered drink thickener. To be given in liquid to people having difficulty with drinking. Then what do I do? Turn the hot tap on. Sink blocked solid. I found plungers and all sorts of gadgets. Poking things down. Soaking from head to toe. Daughter returned just as I finally unblocked it (i was hoping she wouldn't find out what an idiot I had been - too late!!)

That wasn't all our disasters, but we did achieve a lot.
Jac
Wales UK

21-02-2016, 07:20 PM

OOOHHH Celyn , what a day off lol xxx

Page 19 of 487 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top