Join for free
Page 19 of 24 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Re: Should smoking be banned outside?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How can anyone vaping turn your stomach?
Does your wife turn your stomach when she's standing with a steam iron in her hand?
When that steam comes hissing out do you feel disgusted?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Nah May .... if smokers are going to be successfully monitored for crime they have to stick an electronic tag on em' all and surgically embed a webcam just under their nostrils.
One with an inbuilt smoke detector would be best, perhaps with a warning strobe light hooked to a battery to whine out a police siren or deliver an electric shock.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think Muddy and Tara are just winding us up and go out for a crafty smoke when no one is looking....
Anyone else see smoke emanating from this thread when you signed in?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:31 PM

I have a solution..the elf n safety crew can issue Us all with water pistols,so when We see one of 'em naughty Folks puffing away on a fag outdoors.We can scoot 'em then run like hell..good fun eh!..just make sure You're wearing good running shoes in case one of Them is Morty
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Sorry if I'm repeating an earlier reply (there's too many to scroll through) but how the hell could an outdoor smoking ban be enforced? I've never heard of anything so ridiculous. People already ignore no smoking signs at our local bus station and elsewhere so an all-out Draconian ban would of course be impossible. My God, it's rare enough to spot a policeman as it is.

I'm a non smoker and hate the stink of cigarettes but as long as they don't blow it over me, I'm content to let them get on with it.

I'm a non smoker too although ex smoker, while I don't particularly like the smell anymore I don't mind if someone wants to smoke, why would i want to take something away from them that they find pleasurable or relaxing. Some non smokers react way too harshly over smokers. As has been said many times in this thread, we breath in toxic fumes every day from transport yet no one gets angry about that.

I think the numbers of non smokers who get lung disease may be quite low and if they did get lung disease who's to say it's caused with passive smoking, it could be transport/power station pollutions. Personally I don't know a single person who doesn't smoke that suffers with lung disease, except Roy Castle, but then again, I didn't know him. Of course someone else may but I don't.

I know/have known quite a few people with lung cancer, emphysema and COPD all of who smoked or used to smoke.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I have a solution..the elf n safety crew can issue Us all with water pistols,so when We see one of 'em naughty Folks puffing away on a fag outdoors.We can scoot 'em then run like hell..good fun eh!..just make sure You're wearing good running shoes in case one of Them is Morty

Cor yea, that sounds fun May!

But only for the smokers to hide in the threads and squirt all moaning non-smokers
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Spoken like a smoker !
That's the problem no one WANTS to be near them but they will congregate where the general public are obliged to pass .
It must be ever so terrible not being able to control people. But, not to worry. When the P.C crowd come to absolute power, you can open up the gulags.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Cor yea, that sounds fun May!

But only for the smokers to hide in the threads and squirt all moaning non-smokers
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by may ->
i have a solution..the elf n safety crew can issue us all with water pistols,so when we see one of 'em naughty folks puffing away on a fag outdoors.we can scoot 'em then run like hell..good fun eh!..just make sure you're wearing good running shoes in case one of them is morty
Originally Posted by pesta ->
cor yea, that sounds fun may!

but only for the smokers to hide in the threads and squirt all moaning non-smokers
What a fabulous suggestion!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-06-2018, 09:01 PM

What a fabulous suggestion!
David Tenant

https://media0.giphy.com/media/MiAQGelCbH0ha/giphy.gif

Page 19 of 24 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top