Join for free
Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 02:52 PM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should check out the Belt and Road Project.
Yes, I have known about that for a long time but since it is a Chinese scheme and since it all basically seems to hinge upon import and export to and from China I don't think that is relevant to UK-destined goods from the South Americas or other CPTPP members.

There exists already far too much reliance on China and that is partly why so many, like CPTPP, are seeking other ways to maximise mutually-beneficial trade.
Just as with the EU, we know that nothing about China is about mutual benefit; it is purely about advancing China.

For centuries we have traded successfully with far-off countries, so I'm pretty sure that we can find ways to manage the flow of goods both ways nowadays without becoming reliant upon one Chinese-influenced route which is potentially problematic.
Let's learn from the past and not revisit it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
NOT the irish way though Percy eh??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Nothing to do with me, Donks. Try Tedc.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Von Der Leyen still makes a complete pigs ear of the vaccine program by saying the UK is putting peoples safety at risk because of the speed that we approved the vaccine.

Only to approve it themselves months later... and ignoring the reality of what we actually did to speed up the approval process

https://foxhole.news/2021/02/02/von-...accine-safety/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Von Der Leyen still makes a complete pigs ear of the vaccine program by saying the UK is putting peoples safety at risk because of the speed that we approved the vaccine.

Only to approve it themselves months later... and ignoring the reality of what we actually did to speed up the approval process

https://foxhole.news/2021/02/02/von-...accine-safety/
I've seen articles from this source before but, although agreeing with them, it never occurred to me to keep an eye on the Foxhole web pages.

I've bookmarked it now and will keep visiting. One of the very few media sources which seems to have a consistently pro-British outlook.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've seen articles from this source before but, although agreeing with them, it never occurred to me to keep an eye on the Foxhole web pages.

I've bookmarked it now and will keep visiting. One of the very few media sources which seems to have a consistently pro-British outlook.

If your on Facebook join Leave.EU who publish it
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:18 PM

Von der Leyen and the mess she has both caused and highlighted has started an increase in populism, no matter what either our media or the EU will try to suggest.

Germans are very unhappy, as Die Bild and others are making very clear.
In France, Marine Le Penn looks likely to obliterate Macron as his failures increase while Le Penn makes more and more proposals that the French really like, as with her proposed ban on Muslim headscarves in all public places.
Italy has already warned the EU of rising anti-EU sentiment there and recent events certainly will not have helped.
Spain is having problems too and are unhappy with the EU over making Spain's failures obvious with Brexit and Gibraltar.
Portugal, already unhappy at still having a lower average wage than even Greece and wondering why EU membership hasn't seen an improvement in their standard of living (which is worse than some Eastern EU members), is angry at VDLeyen and her team of eight for breaking lockdown rules to pay a completely unnecessary visit.

And these are old member states!
As the thread header says; "Thank God we are out".
Zaphod
Lincs UK

02-02-2021, 08:23 PM

Another reason to be grateful we are out with trading in Swiss shares expected to resume in Londin within days.
Something the EU tried to use against the Swiss, for those that remember that failed attempt by the EU at bullying Switzerland into toeing the EU line.

"Exchanges and traders in London are gearing up for the return of trading in shares in Swiss companies as the UK begins charting a post-Brexit future for its sprawling financial services industry."

"The legal process is set to be finalised by Wednesday or Thursday, making it one of the first moves the UK has made to boost its financial services sector since the Brexit transition period ended a month ago. The British and Swiss governments are also working on a more comprehensive agreement covering banking, insurance and asset management.

Trading on venues such as Cboe Europe, Turquoise, Aquis and UBS MTF is expected to resume the next working day after permission is granted. City firms aim to recover part of the business that left London following an EU-wide prohibition in 2019."

https://www.ft.com/content/5fa7cdd2-...c-9c054d76e6c1
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:36 PM

If your on Facebook join Leave.EU who publish it
I've clicked 'follow'.

I don't want to click 'become a supporter' as I'd have to pay a monthly subscription and I'm poor... and tight-fisted.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-02-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've clicked 'follow'.

I don't want to click 'become a supporter' as I'd have to pay a monthly subscription and I'm poor... and tight-fisted.
Good man !
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-02-2021, 10:39 AM

Following on from my post yesterday about Swiss/UK trading:

"Swiss approve trading of Swiss stocks on UK exchanges"

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-s...-idUSKBN2A30NU

Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top