Join for free
Page 191 of 1676 « First < 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 691 1191 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

RJ, I got a new one for you in the same vein as Kenneth Williams “Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it infamy”
He’s just left the last guest out the front door after a big party, he’s knackered and goes to the fridge to get a cool beer, shock horror! “Empathy, empathy, they’ve left my fridge empathy!”

Do you think I’m on the wrong tablets?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Nothing amiss with fridges,Jem-they make ideal presents!
I know this is true...I got Yes Dear a new one for her birthday.
She was truly delighted...I could tell,cos when she opened it,her face lit up!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:37 PM

What is it with fridges that the doors always go wrong or break? I don't know how many of the things we went through over the years, and they weren't the cheap ones either, well not all of them.

Fairy tales.
The stuff kids come out with never ceases to amaze me. The youngest grand child has just turned four and today I was minding him for a few hours. He was playing with a Star Wars space ship he got for his birthday and he comes out with this question “Grandad can I go up to heaven in this rocket and if I don't like it I can come back down to mammy and daddy?” I didn’t want to go there with him as I don’t know what his parents told him about heaven and hell, so I got out of it by saying that the rocket couldn’t carry enough fuel to get to heaven, it was too far away, that set him thinking for a while until he finally forgot about it, but I know he will be back with more of the same next time.

With religion getting kicked out the window in these modern times, out too go our old explanations for what happens when we die, a question the children always ask at some stage. There is now no heaven or hell so if we really want to be so scientific about everything and tell them nothing but the truth, why don’t we go the whole hog and tell them “When you die dear child, you cease to be, you are no more and your body is either burned in a furnace or put into a box and buried in the ground where maggots will devour it until only the bones are left, dems the facts me auld son”
But how could one be so cruel to a child, perhaps that’s why we have been telling our children ‘Fairy Tales’ for thousands of years.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 08:25 AM

Not having Grand Kids, not something to worry about, but, if it had been me, I would have said "don't ask such things questions earthling, just be grateful that ain't a Fairy Liquid bottle, you are wielding.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-03-2017, 01:11 PM

So kind to hard working hands, perhaps they have mild green fairies in heaven, anyway it’s a one way ticket wherever the spirit goes. I used to love the old song “Spirit in the Sky” by Norman Greenbum, that’s what happens when you put Fairy Liquid in your bath tub.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-03-2017, 11:13 PM

I was looking at an old western today, Jeff Chandler was playing an Apache chief, as far as I knew Jeff was Jewish American, in another western I remembered Hugh O’Brien was an Indian and he was Irish, a really confusing part was when Richard Harris played an English gentleman who turned Indian and Harris was Irish, Jeffery Hunter played a few indian parts too and all the squaws were English or White American actresses. Could they not find any real Indians to play Indian parts back then, what was the problem? did John Wayne shoot them all.
I watched a program on BBC 4 a few months ago, Rich Hall (love that man) brought this up when talking to a native American, I didn’t get the full program but it seems they wouldn’t hire any of them except as extras.
A lot of these white actors were ‘painted up’ for the parts just like the singers and dancers used to be in the Black and White minstrel show years ago,
The only real Indian I remember playing an Indian was Jay Silverheels as Tonto in the Lone Ranger “Get ‘em up Scout”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 01:27 AM

its called by many names Jem - "racism; facism; white supremacy " etc take ya pic - considering that Jesus was very brown I can't figure it out!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 08:16 AM

A lot of names there Jem, the only one I remember is Richard Harris, and that is only for his association with Orville.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-03-2017, 09:50 PM

Yes indeed Gumbud racism takes many forms, It was a disgrace, Hollywood should hold it’s head down in shame.

I could never stand that Harris and Orville act Spitty.
Now take Rich Hall one of the funniest Americans on the screen today in my opinion, The BBC don’t make enough use of his unique talents, his humour is so dry and he has the perfect face for delivering it. He is very open minded too and says what he thinks.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 09:52 AM

Exploitation?
How about Amos & Andy?

Extraordinary?
Baby Le Roy*******

Erudition?
Leslie Welch

Excruitiating?
Rowan Atkins

Euthanise?
Bill Oddie

Elevate?
Wilson Keppel & Betty(no.4)

foot-note******* A Bedtime story

The film was notable for the performance of Baby LeRoy, a one-year-old who had been selected from an orphanage by Chevalier and Taurog for his charming appeal. When certain scenes needed to be re-shot, they found that the baby had grown two front teeth, even though the later scenes would be showing the bare gums. There was no way round this.

LeRoy is perhaps best remembered for a dinner table sequence in the W.C. Fields comedy The Old Fashioned Way (1934) in which he throws a handful of custard into the comedian's face, yanks on his nose, and destroys his pocket watch by tossing it into a bowl of molasses. Fields initially endures each of these indignities, but the scene ends with Fields spotting Baby LeRoy standing in a doorway and giving the toddler a kick to the rear end. The film's director, William Beaudine, reported that the kick got "the biggest laugh in the picture."

PS WC Fields was the chap who it was saidof "Anyone who hates animals & children can't be all bad"

Page 191 of 1676 « First < 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 691 1191 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top