Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 11:27 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

buenas dias all. Lovely photos Alan, very nicely done. We were forecast rain today but although it is quite overcast at times, no rain and still very very warm. It's also very noisy as the gas men are digging and drilling in our road. We are almost there for natural gas though, all the pipework is ready in the house, the hole outside our house is ready for the connecting pipe and it won't be too long now until we can dispense with the dreaded gas bottles. The men really do work hard, they start at 7.30 a.m. and don't finish until 7.30/8 p.m. with a couple of short breaks and a lunch hour. We take them bottles of water when they are nearby, they never ask for any but are always very grateful when they get it. Have a pleasant day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 11:41 AM

Good morning all a blustery but sunny day here...

Had a lovely time at our grandson's birthday bash yesterday, lots of fun and lovely buffet. His Mum and Dad gave him a table tennis set and we all had fun playing .... I haven't played TT for years and I'm afraid I was picking the ball up off the floor more than I was keeping it on the table!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
We take them bottles of water when they are nearby, they never ask for any but are always very grateful when they get it. Have a pleasant day all.
My wife is like yourself that way Loretta, she always used to have a big bottle of chilled water ready for the binmen in the hot weather, they never asked for it either but they did appreciate it, if we forgot to leave out the bin then they would go around the back and collect it then leave it back again.
The crowd who collect the bins now are a completely different kettle of fish, bossy and arrogant, nobody likes them.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 03:02 PM

Good afternoon all.

Its been pouring of rain nearly all day, then the sun comes out, then the wind and back to rain.

I wish I can use my computer as good as you Alan, lovely pics.

I wonder how Julie is?
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:20 PM

It is midafternoon here, half cloudy but the wind is strong from the north and the temp is 45 so feels much colder. I had to make a trip to the pharmacy this morning so I am much later then usual.
Yes, I, too hope Julie is fine...and her dogs that she worried about.
I got a heated blanket to put on my bed, so have to get started or won't finish. Making the bed is really hard for me but taking lots of time I can do it.
Have a good day everybody...hugs, Shirley

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top