Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning fellow members sunshine for a change.
I have just got back from doing the shopping. Waitrose had dried fruit on offer 3 for 2 so I am all stocked up ready to make christmas puddings and mince meat.

My next job is to catch up on some washing before another lot of rain arrives later today.

Have a good day everyone

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Good morning everyone. Sunny today for a change. My solar lights are out already. Weather forecast looks dreadful for Sunday night/Monday
with the worst storm since 1986 going to hit us . 90mph winds and deluge of rain with it. Batten your plants down everyone.
This must be the calm before the storm. Take care all especially on the South Coast UJ.
Sandy I haven't heard about that better go and check to see if I need to move the garden chairs .
Perhaps we should tie down UJ too...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning fellow members sunshine for a change.
I have just got back from doing the shopping. Waitrose had dried fruit on offer 3 for 2 so I am all stocked up ready to make christmas puddings and mince meat.

My next job is to catch up on some washing before another lot of rain arrives later today.

Have a good day everyone

Sandy I haven't heard about that better go and check to see if I need to move the garden chairs .
Perhaps we should tie down UJ too...

Thank you for your concern Meg darlin' - but since I'm weighted down with Piglet and apple pies, there's very little that can lift me off the ground.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:26 PM

Good morning all lovely sunny day and the warmth is still there in the sunshine. I'm up to date with all my washing before the forecast storm arrives ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24654390

Enjoy your day folks!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I hope so Patsy darlin' - he's buying me some too!!!
I didn't think they were available anymore. They were a favourite, not been able to get tham for years !
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Good morning all .....
Pretty pictures .....
Do you mean Madeleine cakes RJ .......?
Indeed I do PatsCG.

I'll drop yours off at the usual place in the "Lanes" Geoff. ENJOY.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I didn't think they were available anymore. They were a favourite, not been able to get tham for years !
It has taken me 8 years to find a supplier .
NOw I'm trying to find a supplier for my 1970s treat..
RHUM BABA.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Indeed I do PatsCG.

I'll drop yours off at the usual place in the "Lanes" Geoff. ENJOY.
Whah I want me cake !
Can I order some for Christmas treat
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Good morning everybody...it is 5 degrees below freezing here, the sun is shining but has not melted the frost yet...high will be around 45...so a cold day and even colder tonight...time for me to hibernate! I fear ice and snow so much that I cannot force myself to go out in that stuff...I did manage better when I could park my car in the garage but that is not an option for me anymore.

It is mid morning here...9.20am my time, sun rises around 7.30...just to let you know I am not as late as it seems to you.

Still thinking about Julie and Jean and hopr they are fine now...hugs, Shirley
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Good afternoon everyone! Late to the party, for once. Got up early this morning, as I slept badly, and decided to get out while the weather was good.

Took books back to the library, got more out, spent awhile in the High Street, shopping, home for lunch (cheese topped baton - yum), a little shut eye, then decided to get on the laptop for a bit of surfing.

I know the weather is looking bad, but didn't realise how bad. Keep safe, folks.

My friends and I are still trying to do another carboot sale before the end of the season. It's not looking likely, now. By November I think we will get fed up of trying, and the weather is still very much against us. I'm happy, cos I have my petty cash & my half of the entrance fee that I can put back into my purse (£20 plus £5.50) once we decide we are not bothering this year.

Trouble is, I have a load of stuff in the bedroom then to get rid of.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top