Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello!

Dull with a mass of cloud but it's thankfully dry after a night of rain. Still very humid though...

All household chores are done bar the ironing which will be tackled this afternoon.

AB - hope your hospital check up went well. Enjoy your few days away

Meg - I hope your tummy ache eases throughout the day, try cuddling a hot water bottle. Poor Eleanor, I hope her bad cough clears soon.

BobM - Hope your aches and pains will ease soon..... take things easy.

Another bridge to add to today's watery theme is the Mostar Bridge over the River Neretva in Bosnia. Young lads amuse the tourists (and line their pockets) by jumping into the river below ......

If I remember correctly this bridge was blown up during the Bosnia/Serbian war and has had to be rebuilt.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Good afternoon all, I've finished my jobs for the day now, been at it since 8oc this morning, thats not early for some people but it's still last night to me. We have our old friend the rain back with us again, what a cocktail of weather so far this summer.
I love all the pictures folks, great variety every day, thank you all.
Enjoy the break AB.
Hope you feel better soon Bob, great to see you sticking with the program.
Take good care of yourselves folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
If I remember correctly this bridge was blown up during the Bosnia/Serbian war and has had to be rebuilt.
That's correct Alan, it was destroyed in 1993 and reconstructed in 2004. Even today there is still a lot of war damage to be seen, a constant reminder of the war.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Good morning Alan and all others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFvhTUBOL0
It is raining cats and dogs here but that has not stopped Mother Natures creatures from singing the heads of whislt chasing around for their breakfast.

Plans for today aftre a check-up this morning at hospital are packing a couple of suitcase ( half packed now) as we are taking off for a few days, nowhere planned just where the car takes us heading south.

A blot on the landscape.

Alan a great picture with lost of clour and not a sign of litter in the river.

Barry great to hear your good report, it does give you peace of mind when things are favourable.

Stay safe and take care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uChe...eature=related
What a lovely picture I really like wind turbines, I wouldn't mind living next to some.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Hi Willow, we agree on this one as I too think wind turbines are beatiful. The fact that they produce green power is a bonus.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top