Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:03 PM

Re: 369 million for Buck Palace renovations .

I know some Polish builders who would have done the job quicker and cheaper.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:06 PM

We can grumble as much as we want to, it will still go ahead , after all we are just minions arnt we .

Still want to grumble though , that's an appalling amount of money and shouldn't be allowed
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now tell me that the windsors are worth keeping as opposed to an elected President!!!
And where would your president reside, some two up two down in Tower Hamlets?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:10 PM

775 rooms apparantly , never knew that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:16 PM

I have to say BP is not my most favourite building .
Windsor Castle is more to my taste.

I would pull down Buckingham palace and use the land for housing but keep Windsor in good order
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:22 PM

How absolutely short sighted many of the posts on here!

Such world famous structures such as Buck House and the Palace of Westminster are not only public buildings, but world renowned landmarks of huge significance that it is our duty to maintain and update for future generations.

As well as their official functions these iconic structures embody hundreds of years of history and fulfil nationally important functions, with the bonus being that they also attract millions of tourists to the country every year generating untold millions to the economy.

Some would throw all that away just to satisfy their spiteful hatred of our monarchy, which is envied and respected throughout the world.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Isn't Her Maj paying for this herself?
Edited to add,
Apparently the Firm have not being looking after the property

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38025513
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Such world famous structures such as Buck House and the Palace of Westminster are not only public buildings, but world renowned landmarks of huge significance that it is our duty to maintain and update for future generations.

As well as their official functions these iconic structures embody hundreds of years of history and fulfil nationally important functions, with the bonus being that they also attract millions of tourists to the country every year generating untold millions to the economy.

Some would throw all that away just to satisfy their spiteful hatred of our monarchy, which is envied and respected throughout the world.
I still don't like BP Barry it is only 300 years old so quite modern . I will take Windsor as my residence any day ,
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

18-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I still don't like BP Barry it is only 300 years old so quite modern . I will take Windsor as my residence any day ,
I think Windsor is HM's preferred residence too, but Buck House is the finest house in the capital and represents the face of the monarchy to the world and it belongs to the nation. It is imperative that we preserve it in perpetuity.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Doesn't even feature in the top 20 tourist attractions

https://www.visitbritain.org/annual-...or-attractions

Shocking waste of our money.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top