Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Re: My son is 40 today

Wishing your son a very happy 40th birthday.

Can't remember mine, or where I was.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:15 PM

No matter how old your son is..you can still see him in shorts..snotty nose..fishing for tadpoles..
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:38 PM

I'm well into my 8th decade now with three sons ranging in age from 52 to 48. I have never really felt my age having been lucky enough to stay healthy. Having said that I looked in the mirror recently while shaving and saw my Dad looking back at me!! Oh no I didn't, that face was mine! My boys are well beyond the time in their lives when they would take my advice. In fact I would be more inclined to take theirs.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I'm well into my 8th decade now with three sons ranging in age from 52 to 48. I have never really felt my age having been lucky enough to stay healthy. Having said that I looked in the mirror recently while shaving and saw my Dad looking back at me!! Oh no I didn't, that face was mine! My boys are well beyond the time in their lives when they would take my advice. In fact I would be more inclined to take theirs.
Funny thing is..that ''nagging'' you disregarded from your parents..

You repeat it to your kids..

(Hell..where did that come from??)..
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:41 PM

My eldest son is 46. I know he is happy because he works at a job he would do for free. He has lots and lots of acquaintances but a handful of close friends. He has two dogs that he adores and although his wife wants a different life than that he can offer, she stays with him because she likes him and loves him. I look at my son and think that is what life is all about. He is one of the happiest and youthful people I know.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
My eldest son is 46. I know he is happy because he works at a job he would do for free. He has lots and lots of acquaintances but a handful of close friends. He has two dogs that he adores and although his wife wants a different life than that he can offer, she stays with him because she likes him and loves him. I look at my son and think that is what life is all about. He is one of the happiest and youthful people I know.
What a lovely post! Well done you for raising him to be what he is.

Re the OP, I was on a training course on my 40th, and didn't really take much notice. Didn't take much notice of my 50th either. But at 51 I realised that I was "in my fifties" which briefly made me feel rather old...That's a while ago now!
I don't recall receiving or giving any advice on either milestone. It is the upbringing and advice that has gone before that is more important, I think.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top