Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2011, 10:30 PM

Re: Message from USA

Thanks for letting us know Mags, I would have wondered was she OK, as we all know she's always on the ball every evening, (UK time).
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 12:37 AM

Have been watching the updates of their latest storm on our stations here in Canada. They have had more than their share of winter weather this year, but... when they do, ours here in southern Ontario is a bit less as the storms are more eastern. I'm happy, but I do hope the power stays on for them and they have lots of help shovelling out, but please keep the snow .
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 04:12 AM

I see she was on earlier so hope she's well and warm at her friends house now (Imagine if you had a Laptop Eileen how convenient it would have been lol)

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I was wondering about that Azz, not knowing a darn thing about kindles I wasn't sure if it would work with the power down, glad it does.
They have exceptional battery lives (up to a month I think!)... because they _only_ use power when they are loading a new page - because it's digital ink. Once it's been set up no more power needed to hold it in place
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Update!

Eileen had a call from her next door neighbour to say the power came back on late yesterday afternoon. She decided to wait and stay overnight as it was getting dark and it would also give her house a chance to heat up.

Leia, her cat, has eaten and is staying in the bedroom, fairly relaxed but a bit spooky still.

Quite an adventure for Eileen - she said she hasn't spent a night away from home since 1963!!!

Let's hope she managed to get some sleep last night!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 03:35 AM

Blimey dandysmom, you have had some kind of adventure there!!!! YIKES!

Must have been quite daunting rushing around grabbing stuff for your over-night stay over! (Now most of us did that while teenagers - are you just trying to catch up)!!

Just saw your other Thread - so dashed here to see what had been going on.

Wear a tin helmet in bed tonight, and one for Leia too, just in case of any further storms!

(Talking of bed, must get there myself too, tis late and very cold)! NITE NITE

Rainbow x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top