Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 04:03 PM

Re: Drinking at home..

Nothing wrong with drinking wine at home ..... saves changing your shoes to go out and anyway we are not within walking distance of a pub or restaurant ....

A glass of wine, Kevin Bridges on the box, what could be better?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Until recently, I have had one or two wines almost every night.
One or two bottles, that is !

Predictably, the medicos have called a halt to that. Bugger !
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:16 PM

An alcoholic father prevented me from getting any enjoyment from the stuff - can't even bear the smell. Now, though, apparently fruit juice is bad for you too....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
An 87 year old friend of mine gets over that hurdle by buying boxes of wine .
I have a glass of wine about one per week . I really object to some of the prices charged for a glass of wine if you are out so I never drink in pubs etc .
Abbey I can't drink wine from 'boxes' it is often of poor quality. It is possible to buy half bottles of wine but that is very expensive and the variety available limited ..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Good luck to Tony Carol, nothing like the real thing, I’m not fond of spirits meself, port in a short for me.

I have noticed in recent years people who would never dream of having a drink in the house are doing so regularly now, a person who drinks in the house used to be called a house muddler over here, can’t say I’ve heard the expression lately though, I’m not in the least bit being sexist by saying this, just stating a piece of Dublin history, but in the old days most of the muddlers were women, you would hear something like this at a neighbours funeral, nudge nudge “Did you know she was a muddler? yes she was a bottle of vodka a day woman and nobody ever knew she touched a drop”
I think the smoking ban and the high cost of drink in the pubs is the main reason for drinking at home now, looks like we’re all becoming a nation of muddlers because of the governments decisions, nothing we can do about it so here’s to your health, cheers! hic! hic! hic!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Until recently, I have had one or two wines almost every night.
One or two bottles, that is !

Predictably, the medicos have called a halt to that. Bugger !
The killjoys
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 08:40 PM

every Friday evening i have a few beers in the house..........i respect the real ale lads, but I have learnt at my cost, to drink bottled beer........if only to know that when I am out, no matter what drinking establishment I am in, the bottled beer never varies.........after living in pubs for a fair bit of my life. i do know the little habits publicans can get up to...............i am also a "port monster" which i blame the army on.............and I love my single malt..................don't go out drinking much, because I am invariably driving...............slainte.........H
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:24 PM

We keep whiskey, vodka, gin, a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks in the house, in a separate fridge but I never think of drinking in the house unless we have visitors or a party. OH likes one or two glasses of whiskey after his evening meal, but I would rather go out and enjoy a drink in company.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:43 PM

My drinking has reached 2 bottles of whisky a week.

This might explain why on another thread about alkies I ask if the drinker was happy..... cause I am.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:43 PM

I drink(red wine) at home but hardly ever if I am out. Alcohol makes me very sleepy so I would miss out on the conversation at social meetings. I used to enjoy a pint but not for many years now. I used to brew my own and,even though I say it myself, I was good at it,my Pale Ale even got me a first at the `National`

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top