Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 08:24 PM

Re: Why can't I just say......

I always spend Christmas alone and prefer it that way. I have no living family and do enjoy my own company and Leia; have been asked by friends to come to them but I have been frank and told them I'd really rather not. And they know me and have understood. If you really don't want to go, just explain
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 08:47 PM

I`d be really unhappy without my loved ones at Christmas. The thought of them languishing in Kennels with no walkies while the turkey`s cooking, no ripping paper off pressies with their teefs, no glorious slurpy pig-out, giblets and all...
alone?
You`re never alone with a dog.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Oh it is lovely that you have family to want you to spend it with them, however, it is understandable how you feel. I am sure whatever you decide they will respect your wishes.

I don't have any family and spend it every year on my own, by choice. I do have many friends who ask me to spend Xmas with them, however, I feel Xmas is for families and they all have their own families.

I like my own company and that of Loki, PJ and Soochie - and with Soochie being a wee blether, I am never alone

You do what you want to do and feel comfortable with.

As has been said above, you are never alone with a dog!

I am even my own first foot at Ne'erdy!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`d be really unhappy without my loved ones at Christmas. The thought of them languishing in Kennels with no walkies while the turkey`s cooking, no ripping paper off pressies with their teefs, no glorious slurpy pig-out, giblets and all...
alone?
You`re never alone with a dog.
Nicely said Claire, . . . it sums up how I feel perfectly.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:23 PM

Have you decided yet what you are going to do Sweep?
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Watch this space!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2009, 01:07 AM

Sweep I think as you get older you have earned the right to do what you want. I'm afraid I say no to people now. I spent years trekking up to Derbyshire every Christmas and longed to spend Christmas at home. All the hastle of packing and driving up there in bad weather to sleep in an uncomfortable bed in someone else's house . One year when we were living in Dorset the heater packed up in the car and it was freezing fog on the motorway. The inside of the windscreen kept freezing and the journey took 6 hours, my son was only a baby then . Looking back I think I must have been mad to do it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2009, 02:53 AM

So many people seem to think spending Christmas alone is sad, and don't realize that many would much prefer it that way for various personal reasons. It can be hard to resist the peer pressure sometimes.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 02:17 PM

Well, the thing was I really wanted to go & spend Christmas with them too but I think that my sensible head has taken over...............

Anyway, Kennels have been cancelled, have told my Daughter & I will be at home with Dogs for Christmas.

My Daughter's Partners Parents even said I could take all the dogs with me & stay with them, but that just wasn't practical - but a lovely gesture of which I thanked them for.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top