Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 07:23 PM

Re: Another food scandal

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Does anyone really think they eat good wholesome food anymore? I gave that up years ago. The whole food industry chain from farmer to supermarket shelf is rife with opportunity for tampering, mislabelling, incorrect hygienic storage ..etc.

Growing your own veggies is a help of course but there's no way I can fit a cow in the back garden.
Hi

There are some places I will not eat and some supermarkets I will not use.

There are others I am very confident about.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Every cloud has a silver lining lining shropshiregirl.

Three local business in North Shropshire have picked up a whole load of new contracts and are advertising for workers.
That's good news SF. We have ABP Food Group not far from here. I know there are many locals working there. (have had joints of meat in the past. Lovely.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 09:33 PM

Isn't it dreadful though, that it was only because it was an unannounced health inspectors visit that uncovered once again,that standards and practices were found unacceptable.

I know when one of my Gorillas worked at Mullers, in Market Drayton, Environmental Health Inspectors would arrive unannounced to inspect, but they never found anything untoward. Mullers were always red hot there for operating under the highest hygiene standards.
I appreciate it's not meat, but every single suppliier of food, regardless of what it is, to the food chain, should be ready to accept that environmental health inspectors could come through the door at any time, It would soon put a stop to all this. Problem is there seem to be so many cutbacks with inspectors, when they do visit now, these companies are forewarned well ahead of the visit and are able to ensure it'll be alright on the day and then it's back to bad practice once they have left. This is obviously what is happening.

Maybe we should have "Secret Workers" just as we have "Secret Shoppers".

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top