Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: Totally unfair

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not at all ,but some have more rights to live here than others. You are not personally involved with trying to get my family over here, so please don't make stupid comments just for the sake of posting something
Whilst I appreciate and sympathise there is the family visits etc to take into consideration surely your sons standard of living is far better out in beautiful Brazil. !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Whilst I appreciate and sympathise there is the family visits etc to take into consideration surely your sons standard of living is far better out in beautiful Brazil. !

No sounds like it admittedly ,BUT corruption is rife- drug barons run the country and look at the wrong person the wrong way and you may get shot. The traffic lights are turned off at midnight because if you stop at them you WILL get robbed at the very least or your car snatched at gun point.

First time there on a day trip out in the family car we passed 2 human bodies killed beside the main road and dumped there

The solicitors are so bent the accept clients from both sides and the one that pays them the most they side on, My son has personal experience of this.

80% of the money got from the Olympic Games to take place shortly goes to the Mafia. My D-in -L won't even go into Rio it is too dangerous.

I was talking to a Police sargent last time I was there (via my D-in-L) and he proudly claimed to have shot 3 people that day and killed them as they were involved in drugs. He even took out his pistol and emptied it for me to look at. This he carries 24/7 for protection.

Brazil is a very dangerous country to visit. You need to have relatives or friends to stay with, not a place for tourists even though it is a truely beautiful country.

Most brazilians seem to want the army to take over running the country, seems it is a lot safer when they did before

Iguazu Falls , Brazilian/Argentine border I took this from the Brazilian side

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:07 PM

As you may well know my son lives in Brazil after marrying a girl from that country

He has a degree in business management and a teaching English qualification . my D-in-Law is a qualified vet over there and I have 3 grand daughters one born in UK.

For him and his family to come back to the UK ( even though he owns a near £200,000 house over here) He has to have at least £75,000 in a UK bank and a job to go to paying at least £35,000pa.

Yet these immigrants are given everything such as houses -money- and do not have to even have a job.

This is what makes me personally really sick about our immigration laws. Those that work, with qualifications and are English can't bring their families here yet scumbag immigration scroungers are welcome with open arms

For him and his family to circumnavigate this he and family will have to become a resident in Portugal for a year and become Portugees. Then they can come to the UK with no restrictions as Portugal is part of the EEC

That will probably only apply if we vote to remain in the EU. If we vote to leave, then that may not necessarily be the case.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:16 PM

True UJ
but as it stands at the moment it will make no difference to them living where thet do now as Brazil is not part of the EU
My grandchildren will have no problem coming here as one was born in the UK and the other two will have dual nationality anyway. It is Flavia (dil) who will have the problem
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:19 PM

Just a thought could they not get into another part of the eu and then come here ? Lot of disruption but may be a way to get here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-03-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just a thought could they not get into another part of the eu and then come here ? Lot of disruption but may be a way to get here.
Yes already said via Portugal in my initial posting. why this country? because most Brazilians speak Portugees anyway as Brazil was once part of Portugal

See you learn something new every day
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:28 PM

That's terrible Realspeed, how could this country have got into the state it's in without us knowing about it?
It just goes to show how incompetent our government is when we can not take care of our own citizens abroad - Or in this country for that matter.
I hope you can sort out a satisfactory conclusion Realspeed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Yes already said via Portugal in my initial posting. why this country? because most Brazilians speak Portugees anyway as Brazil was once part of Portugal

See you learn something new every day
Don't mention Portugal been having problems with them this week gave me a head ache in the end, their banking system seems rather lax ! But good luck to your family members keep us updated I will be interested to hear how they get on.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-03-2016, 12:41 PM

moving won't happen for a time because last Christmas they had a baby girl

Sarah Jane (born christmas day 2015)

Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 12:47 PM

I've heard this before. The lady who does my hair has a son who lives in Bali, he went there on the rebound from a long term relationship selling Time shares.

ON the outward journey he met a local girl on the plane and fell in love with her, they married and went on to have three children together.

He's tried to come home with his family a couple of times but run into the same problems your son and his family face.

To be honest, I can make no sense of it.

Then there's the other side of it, who'd want to leave Bali to come here? Lol!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top