Join for free
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:39 AM

Re: Bastille Day Attack

Such a terrible loss of lives , Thoughts go out to the families involved .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
welcome to the forum edvard .
I had no comment last night when i posted this news item .
I was horrified .
These terrible things still do horrify me .
There is no news section here else i would have posted it here i hope that you will enjoy off and yourself post a interesting topic we can all discuss .
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Terrible and tragic news. A rare quality Muddy. Not many folk are emphatic. Thanks for sharing.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 09:36 AM

Dreadful news, more innocent lives lost whilst out enjoying themselves. More heartbroken families. Soon people will be afraid to leave their homes at all.

Yesterday cars exploding in Brussels, but I see the police are putting that down to arson, who knows?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brussels-ar...ilding-1570627
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 09:45 AM

Tragic news, more innocent people lost
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They are saying it is a terrorist attack, but nobody has claimed responsibility. They found an ID card in the truck for a Tunisian/French man who lived in Nice.. but have not yet said he was the person driving the truck.
Whoever it was the act is still despicable, be it a terrorist or a local man with mental health problems...... no sane person would drive through a busy street trying to murder total strangers, would they?
If it was a terrorist, I have great sympathy for France because they seem to be the current target for these evil acts!
There does seem to be an awful lot of 'Mental Health Problems' of late Twink, I don't recall there being so many previously. Or it would seem that someone is not happy with the way we live our lives in the Western World. Or could it be a deliberate attempt to stir up trouble. France, Germany and some other European countries do seem to be a tinder box just lately, and it won't take much to set off massive civil unrest. I think Mark might be right with his revolution type theory.

Welcome to the Forum Edvard. Personally I don't take a newspaper or watch much news so it was good of Muddy to draw our attention this horrific event - I do seem to spend most of my online time on this forum, and I usually hear a news story on here first.

Each time we hear a news story concerning this kind of event it has a little less impact each time. I'm not saying that we don't care or feel any less for the victims, but we sort of expect it every so often thanks to the in depth and sometimes graphic images the news gatherers seem to think we crave. I sometimes wonder that if it wasn't reported, would it be worthwhile for terrorists to use these kinds of fear tactics. They are efficiently using the media to attack the masses and create panic and hysteria.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:12 PM

I was making a cup of coffee and flicked the news on , somewhere in the background my ears heard another terrorist attack , I momentarily blanked it out and carried on doing breakfast , then my ears heard it again and I stopped to really listen , once again in disbelief . I think I blanked it out because it's so unbearable to hear and my self preservation switch went on , it's so painful to even try to understand the horrors , my mind shouts why why why .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:48 PM

It no longer even mildly shocks me - which is quite shocking in itself.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:51 PM

As long as our government's pussy foot around with the IS threat the more frequent these attacks will become.
Each attack being deemed a success, each attack becoming more lethal.

These scum have marched through countries, what's to stop these lone wolf attackers? Take away the main cell, the control centre, the top kiddies.

Bombing by Russia, UK, USA, Syria and France etc. isn't working, it's too inaccurate. We need troops on the ground and we need then NOW.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:03 PM

It is about time people stopped placing the problems sweeping across Europe on the ISIS doormat. It is about time people understood what the real problem is and always has been.

Figure it out for yourselves.

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top