Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:31 AM

Re: Old Men With Ponytails.

Ah yes . Nice face ... Shame about the hair
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:33 AM

Ah yes the old “Willie Nelson” look, I can’t say I like it, what in the name of God are they trying to prove. I was at a birthday party recently, a neighbour of mine turned 80 and his family held a party for him in a hotel in the city centre, guess what, he was practically bald but had a pony tail at the back of his head and an Indian band around his forehead, his face was a mass of wrinkles, he looked like Geronimo heading for the High Court on a murder rap, the tail and band took the look off his lovely navy blue three piece suit, pity as otherwise he would have looked well as an old gentleman.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:34 AM

I can't say I mind a pony tail as long as the hair is clean, I don't like that dirty look some people seem to fester.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:44 AM

I too when I read this post first thought of Francis Rossi and Meatloaf and was sad when they both cut their hair.

But as a rule I don't like long hair on men.

Hubby keeps telling me he is going to grow his hair and have it permed, I just laugh. Then as soon as it gets a bit long I say are you going to charge your clippers up for me to cut your hair and he agrees.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:50 AM

Hi

I would dearly love to have enough hair for a ponytail.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I would dearly love to have enough hair for a ponytail.
Swimmy, Is that so you can play your air guitar to your head banging rock music!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Does anybody remember the episode of Fools & Horses where Rodney buys a clip on ponytail to impress Cassandra?

It was so funny.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 11:59 AM

I could not grow my hair, I would lose my job as a "Sitter" for the French Polishing class at the local College.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 12:08 PM

@ spitty.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We have a friend who's had a ponytail for all the 40 years we've known him.
He has a thick head of silky white hair and a ponytail suits him.
It wouldn't suit a lot of men over 70 I know but it makes him look like a film producer or somebody in the arts.
It depends on the stature of the man and the thickness of his hair...

I'm still in mourning because Francis Rossi had his ponytail cut off. He wasn't too old - was he?
No of course he wasn't too old, it was a shame.

I don't mind pony tails on young men with lots of hair, or older men with lots of hair, but balding men with a pony tail at the back look awful.

Daughter & I were talking to a young man with very long dreadlocks yesterday evening & he said he was a barister!!!!! He was very pleasant, but how he got away with those for his job I have no idea, the matted hair was down to his waist.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top