Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 02:29 PM

Re: Warts and raw potatoes

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Eeekkk that just made all the blood rush from me
Cant bear anything like that it makes me go queasy!
It's easier than you think, Aysa. Important to maintain sterility, though, or at least to swab the area with alcohol.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Dental floss is ideal tie it around if you can and it falls off in a few days.
I feel queasy too when you start talking about scissors.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's easier than you think, Aysa. Important to maintain sterility, though, or at least to swab the area with alcohol.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=susan m;984961]
Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's interesting Muddy. I knew about the milky substance inside dandelion stems, but not about the potatoes.

Mups re the above what does this do ?

Hi susan,

I treated a wart on my old dog's head with dandelion and the wart eventually turned black and dropped off. I can't remember how long it took now.
I seem to remember you can use the furry lining of broad bean pods as well, but I haven't tried that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Ooh, susan, look what I've just found.

http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart_remedy.php?rem_ID=383
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-09-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
OMG!!! JBR dont you go putting scissors anywhere near your eyes like that and cutting off skin tags
OUCH!!!!
Try and tie a very fine thread around the skin tag and just leave it to fall off naturally .

I have heard that before Aysa.
Only thing is, that's ok if it somewhere that won't be seen.
JBR can't really go out with lumps of cotton or dental floss hanging down his face, can he.
Mind you, at least we'd know who it was if bumped into him in Tesco's, wouldn't we.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 03:44 PM

I have heard that before Aysa.
Only thing is, that's ok if it somewhere that won't be seen.
JBR can't really go out with lumps of cotton or dental floss hanging down his face, can he.
Mind you, at least we'd know who it was if bumped into him in Tesco's, wouldn't we.
Well I suppose I'd still have to stick something on there even if I used the scissors treatment anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well I suppose I'd still have to stick something on there even if I used the scissors treatment anyway.

Yes, but at least a wee bit of sticking plaster wouldn't look so odd as dental floss dangling!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Yes, but at least a wee bit of sticking plaster wouldn't look so odd as dental floss dangling!
Of course. I have done that in the past, but dental floss is a bit too thick. Fine cotton is better.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 05:46 PM

You cut the ends of the floss off short !
Or borrow a burqa!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top