Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Re: Success ?

Originally Posted by Honey ->
success is a feeling of achievement, to reach your goals in life is a positive step forward and gives you the feel good factor
I'll go along with that. And if you can make money while doing so then that's an added bonus
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:57 PM

another success!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:24 PM

Living past 50 is a success.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:26 PM

it's being so happy and positive that keeps you going
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:29 PM

I don't tempt fate, it's worked thus far, my world is brimming with happiness.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes but question is what is personal success ?
Personal success is succeeding in achieving the personal success that you set out to achieve.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes but question is what is personal success ?
Success can't be measured, for instance the guy who survives on just a tin of spaghetti a day success would be finding a job tomorrow.
Others would think backing the winner in the big race.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 01:49 AM

If you manage to keep good friends in your life, if you have a roof over your head, food on the table and stay out of debt, then I guess you are successful.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 09:00 AM

I would express personal success to be given a challenge, and then defeating it. Some can be big, some small. I'll try to expand on that.

For the sake of discussion, lets say I'm learning to play a new song. The first challenge might be to play a particularly difficult note correctly. Once thats done is a minor personal success. Then, that note has to be added to a particular phrase/riff/lick, call it what you will. Thats the next success.

That then becomes the song. Which is added to other songs. Each of these makes for a bigger personal success. Then, they are played onstage, which brings the biggest success of all if I'm lucky. Its the one that for a short time takes the members of the audience away from their humdrum lives to a place of happiness, a place where they can forget their troubles, albeit for a short while.

After reading through what I have just written, I wonder both how many will understand my thoughts, and how many wont?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 09:13 AM

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
George S. Patton

The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
Robert Kiyosaki

I dont feel that my own particular journey has been a success.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top