Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:23 PM

Re: Pointless celebrities

Presumably 'Neighbours' does not come under the heading "somewhere really weird"? (Cos Mark Little was a stalwart of the programme for years).
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Bruce, you will find that the majority of guests on QI are comedians, and panelists on other similar games shows, although why that kid from the Potter films turns up is beyond me. The over large and overloud woman with the bit of old rag around her head is a stand up for instance. The large bald Irish guy is also a comic/panel show host! but he also has a PhD in Physics.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Presumably 'Neighbours' does not come under the heading "somewhere really weird"? (Cos Mark Little was a stalwart of the programme for years).
I do know that daisy may! I was taking the "mick" because Bruce comes from Australia, a bit of friendly banter, I'm sure he understands that I'm kidding. Joe Mangle was my favourite character.
Jo Brand? Is that who you mean by the "overlarge, overloud" woman, she's very intelligent, good at the quiz usually and is also a psychiatric nurse and is a brilliant comedienne. As for Daniel Radcliffe, he's a very talented actor, have you seen him in "The Woman in Black"? He stood up to all the ribbing he got on QI very well. But then that's my opinion!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

23-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Oops, sorry. Have to disagree with you on the Joe Brand and Daniel Radcliffe front as personally do not rate either, I find her more embarrassing than funny, as for the rather odd looking young mr Radcliffe (don't you feel there is something odd about his mouth? His teeth look like milk teeth), he is about as wooden the guy who used to play McGarret on five O.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 09:32 PM

If you see him in "The Woman in Black" if you get chance, he's very much better than in Harry Potter, I think he gets nervous in TV shows. I like Jo Brand because she says what she thinks.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

24-10-2013, 02:21 AM

Sorry, have to say that although she is brill on QI, I cannot stand her as a stand up, as for Radcliffe, just watching him makes me cringe, he only got the flippin part because he looked like the drawing on the cover of book one, young Mr Grint acted him off the screen time and again.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Bruce, you will find that the majority of guests on QI are comedians, and panelists on other similar games shows, although why that kid from the Potter films turns up is beyond me. The over large and overloud woman with the bit of old rag around her head is a stand up for instance. The large bald Irish guy is also a comic/panel show host! but he also has a PhD in Physics.
Jo Brand is one I do know from a funny/sad TV show set in a hospital (the name escapes me at the moment) Also I think you are referring to Dara O'brien(sp) who I also know from Three Men in a Boat - in fact another guest on QI that I like is the quietly spoken, bearded one from the same show who seems to know a lot about birds (among other things).

It could well be that it is the people from Home and Away or Neighbours that I don't know as I have never seen either program.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Daisymay I loved the fact you had seen the programmes but didn't know what their names were. I was going to tell you about the bald, intelligent one but Bruce has mentioned it was Dara and the actor who played McGarrett was Jack Lord
I like Would I lie to you. I think the stories they make up are so ridiculous especially when they have the unknown friend/guest on and the other team have to guess whose friend he is.
I like Pointless its on every night at 5.15pm Mon to Friday. The real people are on that programme not celebrities. It is so hard to get the pointless answer and that is what makes it a great programme plus Alex and Richard have a great rapour with each other. Like chalk and cheese.
In fact I just love quiz programmes the only one I have never liked or understood was Golden Balls. I have been on three quiz programmes
over 20 years and its a great time in the studio and you are well fed
and wined too, and expenses paid. Its a thrill to have been on them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top