Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 07:02 PM

Re: Children in need

I think that at the moment the poor people in the Phillipines are in much greater need so would rather give to helping them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 12:20 AM

£23 million from the Great British public so far, on the news tonight, something to be proud of!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 01:52 AM

A few days ago it was six million from UK, now it is 23, makes you wonder where it is coming from.

One thing did make me wonder though, on various news items they kept saying how it was so very difficult getting supplies to some areas, and it occurred to me, why do they not drop emergency supplies the way they did after WWII? I remember reading about the Berlin air lifts. I know there is the risk of some people grabbing more than their fair share, but surely there are people in those areas who can keep things under control until proper rescue troops etc. can get there?
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 09:08 AM

charities that can afford t.v. advertising, have too much money in my opinion, we have plenty at need in our own countries and governments fund other countries

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top