Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Re: I can recommend .......

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I'll try the lemon sole mesco not seen it but it sounds delicious, I like the Tiger bread that too is lovely with soup.
I usually have it with a nice fresh salad and a small jacket potato.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 03:43 PM

And I thought it would be all in German, so will try it next time I go shopping.My son goes to one in Lytham. There is another german shop but cant remember the name of it. Good thread this isn't it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 03:51 PM

It is Annie. Anything that's informative about good finds at reasonable prices is good. And it's from reliable sources, with no hidden agenda, namely the OFF member's.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
You do know that chocolate is poisonous for dogs don't you?
My daughter's dog regularly stole boxes of chocolates, ate the kids selection boxes and stole the chocolates off the tree: he died aged 19! Didn't do him much harm so I'm not sure where this comes from.

My Dad used to feed chocolates to our dogs as well and they seemed fine - unless something has been added to chocolate recently?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:06 PM

http://animal.discovery.com/pets/question348.htm

Obviously you do not believe me, maybe this will convince you
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:11 PM

http://animal.discovery.com/pets/question348.htm

Obviously you do not believe me, maybe this will convince you
It isn't a case of not believing you but being cautious about a new theory - if you read the comments at the bottom of that link you have given, the posters have said much the same as I have: our own experience of dogs eating chocolate doesn't bear out the claim that it's deadly. As the article said, it's to do with body weight so maybe the bigger dogs are having more luck with the thieving!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:15 PM

Christmas is coming and Gregg's are beginning to sell their mince pies again. Now I know this company have a bit of a bad rep, but I recall several years ago a number of Women's magazines did taste test articles on mince pies and every one of them voted Gregg's as 10/10. The pastry is crisp and crumbly, almost like thin shortbread, and the filling is not too sweet and the perfect amount. My son hates mince pies and so it is not worth baking them so one a week from Gregg's is my pre-Christmas, Christmas, and post-Christmas treat .
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

23-10-2013, 07:19 PM

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....-bad-for-dogs/

Well maybe this will be more convincing, the effects sound quite horrific.

Maybe your dogs have just been very very lucky.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 07:26 AM

Christmas is coming and Gregg's are beginning to sell their mince pies again. Now I know this company have a bit of a bad rep, but I recall several years ago a number of Women's magazines did taste test articles on mince pies and every one of them voted Gregg's as 10/10. The pastry is crisp and crumbly, almost like thin shortbread, and the filling is not too sweet and the perfect amount. My son hates mince pies and so it is not worth baking them so one a week from Gregg's is my pre-Christmas, Christmas, and post-Christmas treat .

DM, whilst we do have several Greggs outlets here in Brighton, there is a local pie shop - its where I get my Pork and apple pasties, that also make mincemeat pies - there's however are made in a 7" foil tray - so you gets more for your money!!! - Fabulous!!!!
mesco m
manchester

24-10-2013, 06:08 PM

I make quite a lot of soup. But Aldi's beef & veg and minted lamb & veg chunky soups are very good and good value for money.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top