Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Re: Happy Boxing Day Wednesday Everyone.

Happy Boxing Day folks.

Just crawled out of bed half an hour ago and three Aspirins later feel no better.

I don't know if it was the 2nd or 3rd bottle of Old Baileys that did it, or maybe it was the left over mulled wine I had after everybody left!!

I've brewed up a full pot of coffee in the coffee machine and will start to drink that as soon as I know I can stand up without falling over.

One consolation is I know my mother-in-law will be in the same state, she sure can drink for a 90 year old

OK, I'm off to drink that coffee then put my sun glasses on and go out for the papers. Luckily the local shop opens on Boxing Day.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Surprised you had the time to tell us!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Hello everyone a happy Boxing Day to you all! I hope you all had a pleasant day yesterday...

It's still raining here in the SW .... will someone please turn off the taps!

We had a lovely Christmas day with our daughter and her family and I played with boys toys as poor Katie was unwell and in bed for most of the day. I was getting quite an expert at remote control cars in the end!

I had one glass of Bailey's during the evening and I slept like a log! Very unusual for me as I usually only get about 4 hours sleep a night!

Having a quiet day here and preparing for our son's visit for a few days tomorrow. I had a new Mac Mini for Christmas so he is going to set it up for me ..... my saviour!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 05:13 PM

It's a pity young Katie is unwell at Christmas Mags, I hope she's feeling better real soon.
A new Macmini, boy are you in for a treat, I got one earlier in the year, secondhand and reconditioned by my son, they are a joy to use, small neat reliable and it fits nicely under the TV, they are far better than any 'Smart' TV and everything is on the big screen, all you need now, if you haven't got it already is the magic mouse and mini bluetooth keyboard and you're away in a hack, this is the small keyboard he got for me, it's feather light and great for using in bed. Good luck with it.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 05:31 PM

The wife was debating buying one of those Mac things.

I'm a Windows man myself! I've been a loyal Microsoft user since I bought my first computer in the 80s which had the then new Windows 1.0 installed, anybody remember that?

Since then I've been a fan of the company and upgraded every time a new system came out.

To date I've used; Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, Windows 3.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and soon to be Windows 8 when my new HP Compaq CQ58 arrives.

I'm probably a fool but I've been brand loyal all my life and I ain't changing now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It's a pity young Katie is unwell at Christmas Mags, I hope she's feeling better real soon.
A new Macmini, boy are you in for a treat, I got one earlier in the year, secondhand and reconditioned by my son, they are a joy to use, small neat reliable and it fits nicely under the TV, they are far better than any 'Smart' TV and everything is on the big screen, all you need now, if you haven't got it already is the magic mouse and mini bluetooth keyboard and you're away in a hack, this is the small keyboard he got for me, it's feather light and great for using in bed. Good luck with it.
Thanks Jem, I'm already using the first model of the Mac Mini which I've had for a few years now and my husband has decided to update me with the new model which was released last October. Between you and me I think he got it to keep me occupied in my little room so he can have some peace and quiet!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

26-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
The wife was debating buying one of those Mac things.

I'm a Windows man myself! I've been a loyal Microsoft user since I bought my first computer in the 80s which had the then new Windows 1.0 installed, anybody remember that?

Since then I've been a fan of the company and upgraded every time a new system came out.

To date I've used; Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, Windows 3.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and soon to be Windows 8 when my new HP Compaq CQ58 arrives.

I'm probably a fool but I've been brand loyal all my life and I ain't changing now.
OB, my very first computer was a Windows, my son had always used a Mac. He converted me to the Mac (I was very reluctant to change at the time), it is so much less 'fiddly', very straightforward, I've never ever had a problem with it and I would never have anything but a Mac now. I am one of there No. 1 fans!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

26-12-2012, 06:03 PM

I've just had a look on the internet and those Macs are bloody expensive!!

I paid about £500 for my current Compaq laptop with Windows 7 on it and paid £400 for the one that is on the way (I'm a loyal Compaq buyer too) but those Macs can go into the thousands.

Not that that will stop my wife
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 06:23 PM

I suppose whatever you're comfortable with Jim is the best. I couldn't even switch a computer on three years ago, my son said I should start with a Mac as they were easier to use, I find the laptop (not a Mac) very awkward to use but the wife uses it all the time, she's happy and I'm happy, yes they are very expensive but I've only had secondhand machines so far.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Just back from Retford after a smashing day at SIL's. Hope you have all recovered from yesterday's excesses in time for tonight's....

Enjoy your evening folks, back to normal from tomorrow....I hope...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top