Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:28 PM

Re: Is It Unfeminine For A Women To Drink Beer Out Of A Pint Glass?

I certainly would spend most of the night in the ladies if I drank a pint of anything, so when thirsty I drink a long cool drink from a tumbler, otherwise a glass of wine.

I don't like to see women drinking from a pint glass but I think that the air of sophistication, that young ladies used to have, has now disappeared.

I also agree with Julie, that they can drink a pint if they want to, providing they don't end up as drunks lying in the gutter... as many do now!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:39 PM

Yes I'll drink a pint of cider if out with friends . Easier than returning to the bar and slightly cheaper too .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Tony usually gets me a pint of lager when he goes to the bar. He has a pint so I have a pint!!

Mind you - my usual tipple is vodka/tonic but sometimes I just fancy a lager.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:45 PM

It's the sort of thing I would have done as a teen or student. Simply because buying a pint was good value for money. I was confident enough of my femininity to still be ladylike with it. But I would never have a pint now - yuk. Prefer wine these days.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 03:29 PM

I usually drink beer if I'm hot and thirsty - usually at a pub stop half way round a 20 mile walk - and I always drink pints - the first half is gone in a few thirsty gulps, then I can take my time over the rest and enjoy it.

On the odd occasion I do ask for half a pint of beer, it really irritates me if they serve it in a poncie curved 'ladies' glass instead of a straight half pint glass.

I can't be doing with all this faux-etiquette and 'Ladies don't drink pints' nonsense.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:14 PM

My days of drinking a pint are long gone, we went out not so long ago and I had a shandy which came in a pint glass but found I could not keep lifting it up as it was so heavy so was not enjoyable.

Must be getting weak in my old age.
Firefly
New Member!
East Midlands
Firefly is female 

30-10-2017, 04:29 PM

I no longer drink, but when I did, if we were staying in the same pub for a couple of hours, I'd have a pint of Lager & Lime - it saved keep going to the bar - I can't see anything wrong with women having a pint, men have been doing it forever..lol
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:53 PM

I’ve always had a pint when drinking cider,all my friends who drank either larger/beer or cider drank pints

I remember my dad giving off about my mother drinking a pint though
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 05:06 PM

My Wifey doesn’t drink at all, so she is cheap.
To take out
But if she did no probs from me what size glass she drank out of.
I thought we were living in times of Women’s equality anyway!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 12:51 AM

I don't see a problem with any gender drinking anything out of any size, or shape, or colour of drinking vessel.

It just wouldn't occur to me to think a lady drinking beer from a pint pot is unladylike.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top