Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Re: Motor Neurone Disease

Cate, what a dreadful shock for you both, my sympathies to you.
It its going to be hard and I hope you will get useful advice and help from the links given. ((hugs)) xxx
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Oh Cate what dreadful news - so sorry for you both (((hugs))).

I am sure you won't mind our forum friends knowing that I met Keith last year when I was in Fleetwood - I was hoping to meet you too but that wasn't to be - and as I have said before he is a lovely man - so friendly and charming and such a lovely smiling face - it was a pleasure to meet him.

My thoughts are with you both and I hope you find plenty of support to help you cope with this dreadful disease.

Margaret x
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Thank you so much Maggie, yep Keith is indeed a lovely, clever, man who it has been my privilege to be with for just over 20 years. He is every thing to me and I am sure we will struggle along the way but we are survivors and will make the best of this with the help of a few friends. Its hard when you know us, it is hard to know what to say and how to behave, I am having trouble telling people as it is such a bomb shell.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 11:19 PM

Its so hard to know what to say to you Cate but just to tell you that lots of people on the forum will be thinking of you both and saying a little prayer for you. Keep your chin up and try to stay strong. Lots of love to you both.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 01:17 AM

Sorry to read this Cate. My thoughts are with you and your hubby. As others have said, hope you get support to help you through this.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 08:20 AM

Cate, I know how you are feeling, having just gone through 8 1/2 years of cancer with my daughter. You can only live for each day and enjoy the time you have. It's not the time, it's the quality and what you do with it.
Do whatever you can together before things become too difficult.

I'm so sorry for you and your husband. Why is it always the best people who go. Life is just not fair.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 12:34 PM

Thank you Sandi, Somehow hearing from someone who has been through it helps. Your daughter must have been very brave, you are so right we really do have to enjoy each day. We have already taken steps to get rid of our business so that we can just spend time thinking of important things. We also want to move so that the house will be more manageable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Hope you don't mind our congregation said a prayer for you both this morning, you never know what will help at times like this.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

16-03-2014, 01:05 PM

Julie, how could I mind? Although I have no spiritual beliefs, the positive thoughts of you and the congregation can only help us. The idea of a group of people coming together to pray for us is very moving and I am grateful.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Thank you I am glad it didn't upset you it's hard to know these days whether to confess we pray for people or not some get very annoyed.

We will be back later to light candles yours will be bright.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top