Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

............and those of us who have been up since 4.45am are looking forward to their afternoon nap !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 12:54 PM

Good afternoon all overcast and very humid but rain forecast later today. Hopefully my line full of washing will be dry before the rain arrives.

Busy week ahead, my husband has another ECG and doctor appointment on Monday, hopefully he will get the go-ahead to travel for our holiday next weekend. I have no enthusiasm in starting to pack (just in case) until he gets his results.

Enjoy your day folks!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 04:27 PM

Afternoon all. Well I was up at 5am and on the first train at 6.30am, had a terrible day. Got to my Mum's flat at 7.45am to find her toilet filling up with water from the tank, it would not stop, I took the top of and tried playing about with the ball cock, but no use, so I had to phone up my Brother-in-Law to come down while he was at work, which pleased him very much, he finally got it working again, then lunchtime, we were in Romford and I said to my Mum that I had to go to the toilet, so off we went to M&S upstairs, told her to wait outside the door, I came out and she had disappeared, looked all over the shop for her, made an annocement still no sign of her, was walking the streets looking for her, in case nobody knows, my Mum has dementia, eventually I spotted her, at a bus stop trying to make her way back home. So I have had a lovely day today and its too hot for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 04:33 PM

Susie - I feel for ya, what a day you've had - hope you can relax now....
Altho - as you say - its too darn hot !!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Thanks Pats. It's my Sister's turn tomorrow, but tomorrow I have got the Mother-in-Law for the day (there's no peace for the wicked as they say).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 06:06 PM

Have they got that the right way round gal - no peace for the good has been my experience - not just on a personal level - but of those I've observed too .....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Oh Suzie, what a day! Poor you. I was lucky, in a way, when my mum got dementia she didn't want to go out much..but she had a terrible habit of leaving the front door wide open!
There was only hubby and I and it was jolly hard work, thank goodness you have a sister
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 08:33 PM

Thanks for mentioning the roast lamb Megs, it has just reminded me to get my joint of lamb out of the freezer ready to defrost for tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top