Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Re: up with the lark

Janela, the robins are probably getting ready for Christmas,
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 10:34 PM

We have somewhat unwelcome visitor, even though it is a real beauty. I think we must be within it's hunting territory.
A really handsome sparrow hawk.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We have somewhat unwelcome visitor, even though it is a real beauty. I think we must be within it's hunting territory.
A really handsome sparrow hawk.
Mall darlin' - Brighton Council set up a nesting box on the top of Sussex Heights (the largest tower block in the City) for Peregrine Falcons (they help to control the numbers of starlings). Although I live more than 2 miles away from Sussex heights, from time to time the Falcon can be seen in the sky above me wheeling, circling and diving.

Apparently the Council have set up a CCTV camera and plugged in a web site to it to enable folks interested to sit and watch the nest.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top