Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Re: A Spring morning Tuesday

Hi people. Gorgeous here, not quite as cold: nearing 10:45 AM and 10℃ (50℉) with brilliant sun again and not breezy. Nothing in particular happening, down for mail and grass. Trying to decide what's for dinner. No trick-or-treaters allowed in the building last night, so peaceful.

Hope all the poorly people are feeling better. Enjoy the day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Good evening all, a really beautiful day today, not a cloud in the sky and quite mild, a little surprise bonus from the almighty methinks (I love that word). Herself and me had to journey across the city to the solicitors office to sign papers relating to my late fathers will, I'm not too fond of the south side, the posh side we northsiders call it, and although I spent the best part of my working life there, I never felt at home on that side of the Liffey. I hadn't been to that part of town in years and as we crossed one of the new bridges I spotted this little boat with 3 masts on it so I took a snap. Dont ask me who's to blame for the terrible looking building like a lob sided barrel, its new to my eyes.

Take good care of yourselves Folks
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Aha, enjoying the new camera, aren't you?! Pretty scene.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Have you tried a couple of extra Pillows Meg, I find it helps with a bad cough,unless you keep falling off them like I do, but the morning comes that much quicker when you are pillow straightening all night!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Jem, your description of the building looking like a lop-sided barrel is perfect! What is it and who on earth would pass the design for it to be built like that
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 09:10 PM

I just looked it up Mags, its called, The Convention Centre Dublin. I will never know how it got pass the city planners, I could suggest how but I wont
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-11-2011, 09:31 PM

When I was googling architecture I came across an architecture's forum and the senior members are called 'Old Masters', others are just members. I was hoping to see some female posts to see were they called 'Old Mistress's'.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
When I was googling architecture I came across an architecture's forum and the senior members are called 'Old Masters', others are just members. I was hoping to see some female posts to see were they called 'Old Mistress's'.

I think it was built that shape to accommodate all those who have partaken of too much Guinness!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Been a lovely spring-like day here with lots of sunshine-wonderful Besides my usual walks, my friend from the Vets came for her dinner-first Tuesday in every month we are 'ladies that lunch' Caught up with any news, then it was back to work for her and it was out round the reservoirs for me-oh the joys of being retired

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top