Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Re: I am voting UKIP..does that make me a racist?

Not much of a debate Baxter8 if we all have to shut up if we don't agree with you....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Baxter8, we have a good saying for you here - "Away boil yer heid".
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 08:04 PM

I quoted Lilac - are you seriously suggesting a quote such as the one she made deserves debating?

I don't give a toss what feeble excuses you all come up with for supporting the poor excuse of a man known as ....and it hurts my fingers to type it - Nigel Farage.

I know you're right wing 'n all but surely you have to admit the quote is unpleasant and smacks of incredible ignorance.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Not much of a debate Baxter8 if we all have to shut up if we don't agree with you....
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 08:05 PM

OMG - you too!

You're an intelligent man - I've always been impressed with your measured and considered posts, I don't always agree but nonetheless.

You can't surely agree with comments she made?

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Baxter8, we have a good saying for you here - "Away boil yer heid".
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's a fact that ardent europhiles call anyone that doesn't share their ideology a racist just to close down the debate. We've needed a sensible immigration policy for many years since joining the EU but have never been allowed one. It's not racist but common sense to limit immigration to maintain standards of living for the people already resident.
Absolutely plantman.

No Lilac, voting UKIP doesn't make you racist nor is it nationalistic.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 01:09 AM

Lilac, I don't think voting UKIP makes you racist. Obviously a lot of people are doing so to make a point to the other politicians. I'm not voting as I no longer live in the UK, and am very glad about that as I really cannot support any of them.

However, I do support Baxter8 to some extent as I agree that the comment she quoted you as saying did sound very racist.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 07:37 AM

Morning all... Baxter8, whether or not I agree with people's comments (and it might have been totally true), I think that suggesting ...

"How can you post that and then deny being a racist. Comments like that in my opinion is why you should just SHUT the F UP!" was totally unnecessary and far below the normal standards of this board.

Lilac, you've got nothing to worry about.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I quoted Lilac - are you seriously suggesting a quote such as the one she made deserves debating?

I don't give a toss what feeble excuses you all come up with for supporting the poor excuse of a man known as ....and it hurts my fingers to type it - Nigel Farage.

I know you're right wing 'n all but surely you have to admit the quote is unpleasant and smacks of incredible ignorance.
My meaning Baxter8, was that we can't have much of a debate if you tell people whose comments you disagree with to "SHUT the F UP" ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 08:17 AM

I'm not racist, and I'm voting Ukip. I'm sick and tired of the battering this country is taking with the people coming in, and desperately attempting to get in to.

I'm sick and tired of walking up and down our infamous Walthamstow market, with barely a white British stall holder, and hearing just European voices. I'm sick and tired of the hordes of pram bearing EU parents on our buses, rendering space to sit or stand impossible, their unwillingness to queue.

I'm sick and tired of our crazy benefits system, that encourages them here.

I'm sick and tired of reading about multi occupation in houses, properties and garden sheds, because they are desperate for a roof over their heads.

I now have to wait 3-4 weeks for an appointment at my GP surgery: that was never the case before.

Do NOT shout racist at me! I have many friends from other countries and religions...including Asian, Jewish, black, and European. The over crowding of my country is making me stressed because it has a huge impact on my getting around. If you live somewhere uncrowded then do not judge us who are affected. I happen to live in what's called a vibrant community: I call it over crowded.

PS, not quite relevant but some of my good friends at the allotment are gay. I treat the Community Payback team as equals. I treat every person as equal...I just don't want so many!!
Baxter8
Somerset

11-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Grumblewagon and Plantman - you're both reasonable people and for the record:-

I was responding with my just SHUT THE F UP to:-

Lilac asking : I am honestly sick of being told to shut up..I am not racist...I embrace my fellow Brits..be they white.. black..pink..or green...

Which was obviously untrue given her previous posting :-

"Yes..I remember it well..Indians sitting cross legged in the middle of the pavement..playing cards.and.blowing snot out of their noses..taken off by their hands and then splatted into the road. "

I don't waste my time debating with overt racists, never have and never will. And my stock response to such people is to just SHUT THE F up.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top