Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Re: Free Prescriptions in England.

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
If you look at your prescription you will see that your date of birth is on it, you just need to tick the over 60 box on the back.
'giggle' - it will click eventually - won't it Nom
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
'giggle' - it will click eventually - won't it Nom
Why are you quoting me?
What will click?
No one else has told him that his date of birth is on the prescription, and he doesn't need to take any proof of his age.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:47 PM

Why are you quoting me?
What will click?
No one else has told him that his date of birth is on the prescription, and he doesn't need to take any proof of his age.
Because you were the last one to mention - 'tick the box at the back of the prescription' ...........
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:54 PM

Yes, but he thinks that he also has to take some sort of proof.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2015, 03:57 PM

Yes, but he thinks that he also has to take some sort of proof.
Oh I know - I'm sorry I should have highlighted the bit I was referring to ...................
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 04:13 PM

I pretty glad I don't have to pay after all the medications I've had lately!

It's £8.20 a pop now.

This past three months would have cost me £73.80!!!

I do buy other things that many troop along to get a 'Script for though - one today got a 'Script for Sunblock.

I bought shoe inserts to help my plantar fasciitis foot problem and at the moment I am wearing a wrist support because what I thought was just a wrist strain wouldn't go away.
Doc today says it's probably Tendonitis and it's the right thing to do as the pharmacist also told me.

The shoe inserts cost nearly £20 and the support was £15.

I often wonder just how many people do go to the NHS for things like when they can actually afford them.

Must be absolute millions...........stevmk2
Jimmy
Lancashire

23-06-2015, 04:23 PM

The English are the only ones in the UK that have to pay for prescriptions.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 06:09 PM

I never tick a box for my age, because first of all my usual pharmacy knows me and has me on record, and for any other pharmacist I let them work it out!

It was my pharmacist who drew my attention to free scrips on T2 diagnosis. I'd never have known.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 06:49 PM

Type 2 diabetic so got free prescriptions,turned 60 so free anyway. But where is my ruddy bus pass? two years to go it seems.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks folks, the last few weeks have been a nightmare, there is much i could say about it, but communications between several branches of the NHS beggars belief. Im fighting battles on a daily basis, not aided by severe sleep problems.

Yesterday after a day of comedy i was fitted with a pump to my foot, and promptly told not to walk anywhere, which is never going to happen, hopefully tomorrow eventually i will get some medication to quell the discomfort, and perhaps a sleep aid.

My only problem will be proving to the chemist im actually 60+, as im often mistaken for a meer yoof

Nom, I'm with you 100% on this one.

Looking back now, I don't know how I coped with the number of problems I had with Mum's care. I found the hospital didn't talk to the GP, who didn't talk to the District Nurse, who didn't talk to the other nurses, who didn't talk to the carers - and none of these buggers talked to ME.

I had a terminally ill Mum to look after, and could have seriously have done without the extra worry of having almost daily battles with people who weren't doing their jobs.

For example, I knew something was badly wrong and suspected C.Diff, but no one would listen and didn't even bother to take samples for analysis. Eventually I did it myself, and yes, it came back as C.Diff. and she was then isolated and I had to wear a gown and gloves to visit her by then. She could have died.

On another occasion, I took in a whole new months supply of all the different drugs she was on. The whole lot "went missing" within a day at the hospital. They never did turn up.

She wore morphine pain patches which weren't changed as they should have been. I had to constantly check this. Once I even found her with 2 patches on, instead of 1.
Honestly Nom, I could write a book on it.

She was frequently moved from one ward to another, so I often couldn't find her when I went to visit. Each time she changed wards, they seemed to know nothing about her treatment, drugs, or problems from the previous ward.
The communication between wards/GP's/district nurses and family was appalling. Even the pen pushers dealing with complaints couldn't get their facts right.

I got fanatical about keeping records of everything in the end, and I ended up with more information than any medic, and sometimes they asked ME about her drugs or who she had been seen by and when!

Mum died last September, so sorry if I've rambled, but when I read your post it touched a raw nerve.

I've composed meself again now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top