Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Re: 20 minutes until my appointment

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Wow I never realised there were other ladies just like me who don't like being fussed everywhere I go people run on about how lovely it's been to go the beauty salon or the sauna or a day of pampering and it just makes me shiver. Anyway my hair is nice and short again now so I won't have to go through this ordeal again for at least a couple of months !
My hairdressers gets cross with me when she sees I have been at my hair again with the dog scissors
I can get away with only going every few months doing a bit myself.

She used to grumble because I only wanted a cut and not a wash and blow dry but it was that or nothing, why prolong the agony
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:55 AM

Cass, I sympathise with you. I'm exactly the same! I absolutely hate the thought of going to the hairdressers. Right up until I put my jacket on and go out the door, I hate it, I would much rather be doing anything than walking through that door, being hit by the pungent smell of mixed chemicals, the heat and the noise of those dryers and chattering.
Then I have to sit in a chair after having my hair washed by some youngster, and my hairdresser starts making small talk whilst the two women either side of me are listening intently to my conversation. Even though it costs a fortune, I still don't have a cup of coffee because they now charge for it!
It's either one hour or two hours of hell!
The relief when I walk out of that door, albeit with a super haircut, is immense.

As I say, I really understand how you feel.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:31 AM

I love going to the hairdressers. My daughter and grandson are both hairdressers. Daughter owns her own salon in Australia, a bit too far me to travel every six weeks though
So her best friend, who is also a hairdresser does mine. We have a nice catch up on how my daughter is doing.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:57 AM

I got talked into doing a spa day with friends, never again, I was so boring.
I really don't have the patience to be sitting/lying around doing nothing.
My current hairdresser I can cope with, a young Spanish woman with her own very small salon, half of her premises are rented out to an English tattoo artist, who goes by the name of Manchester Steve.

I never have to wait, hair washed, into the styling chair, never been disappointed with her work yet, half an hour and I'm out again. It costs me 12 euros and many people ask where I get my hair done, she really does a good job. So I'm quite happy to get my hair done these days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Sue just puts hers in the post to get the hair done. Glad she doesn't see my posts on here
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 05:47 PM

With the hairdresser and I'm almost as nervous as when I visit the dentist.

I know my hairdresser I've been going to her for years and she is really nice but I still dread going.. Why?

I don't like going to the doctor or dentist either and I've only ever been to a beauty salon once and I didn't enjoy that either.

Am I weird? I really don't like being fussed, it suffocates me.
Yet I can spend hours stroking/grooming/fussing the dog!
A bit of Dutch courage is needed.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
A bit of Dutch courage is needed.
Ha ha a little jenever at 11 am might been seen as a bit naughty.. I will have to get later appointments in future!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 07:45 PM

Ha ha a little jenever at 11 am might been seen as a bit naughty.. I will have to get later appointments in future!
C'mon...you're in the land of the Dutch....since when was 11am too early?

I've been out on the lash a few times with the Dutch and that was coming home time on a couple of occasions.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:34 PM

Even though l trained as a Ladies Hairdresser, l dread going to the hairdresssers! They usually cut too much hair off or don't wash your hair properly.
I have never been for a massage as l would hate to have a woman touching me.... weird l know but there it is!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Hi

Life is far too complicated being a woman.

Man, decide you need a haircut, drive to town, find a barber with only a few waiting, go in, get haircut, go home.

Simples.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top