Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 08:33 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Same here Jim - terrible headache accompanied by ear pain ....
Hope you feel better very soon .....
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Wishing everyone a lovely sunny Sunday!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Same here Jim - terrible headache accompanied by ear pain ....
Hope you feel better very soon .....
Well three Aspirin, a pot of coffee and the remnants of last nights cigar and I'm starting to feel somewhat human again.

I've just ordered a clutch kit for the Peugeot but probably won't get around to fitting it for a while as I think the weather is going to take a turn for the worse next week. When the sun comes out again get it done.

It just shows you how much money you are paying for mechanic's time when you can do repairs yourself. A new clutch kit for my old Peugeot 405 cost less than £50 and I can fit it myself. If I took it to a garage I'd be billed £300-350.

I suppose I'd better go and check the battery is still OK on the Mondeo as it has been sitting for about a month now. If it's not I'll put the battery from the 405 in it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:02 AM

Morning all. Back from holiday with a lovely tan.

Very hot here in Essex. Enjoy the sun all while it's around.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:03 AM

ob, hadn't you better do the clutch repair now, it might go while you are a few miles from home, then you'd need a tow which might cost you, unless you got someone willing and available to do it for free.

Good morning all, on page 2 already. (at least i'm not a page 3 girl lol)
I've been taking lounge curtains down and cleaning windows before the sun gets on them.
Curtains are now in the washing machine, so can relax with a coffee for a while.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Morning all.
Had the fan blowing in the bedroom all night that kept us cool. Even so, we still both had a restless night
A sultry morning here..promises to be hotter than yesterday, so I'll find something indoors to do until evening.
Have a good day everyone.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
ob, hadn't you better do the clutch repair now, it might go while you are a few miles from home, then you'd need a tow which might cost you, unless you got someone willing and available to do it for free.
You are 100% right, and that's why I'm going to use my 1996 Ford Mondeo until I get around to fixing it.

It's a pain though that yesterday I got the air conditioning recharged for my trip to Edinburgh in a couple of days and now it won't be used for that. The Mondeo has A/C as well but whether or not it works I don't know because, as I said, it has been sitting for over a month unused. If it isn't cooling well enough I suppose I'll get it recharged as well. For a tight fisted old bugger like me this IS NOT a good week
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Good morning fellow members just had a lovely walk with Chloe before it gets too hot.

I too slept very badly, I think my neighbors are finding it hard to sleep and I can hear people and dogs about at all hours.

I went babysitting last evening and at 10 pm there was a power cut and my sons neighbours were outside discussing it, the dog barked and woke the children . Thank goodness I had a light on my mobile phone so made it up the stairs without breaking my neck.
I now know where the torch is kept

Have a pleasant day eveyone
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Lovely early morning walk with a nice fresh breeze. Promising to be very hot so under the garden brolly later with a good book
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Good morning OB, you should go to my garage. Last time I went he replaced an indicator bulb free of charge.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top