Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:14 AM

Re: If, Single, Widowed Or Divorced, Would You Consider A Dating Site?

Dating sites are not good nor bad, they just 'are'. I mean they are there for you if you think you need them. I don't, because there are plenty of lovely single girls on OFF.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Men and women have totally differing views about dating sites.
Men visit them for one thing only and believe that women are there for the same reason....SEX !
Women are looking for companionship and someone to fix their cupboard doors.
Both will end up disappointed !!!

YEP cant hold a screwdriver anymore,what woman would want me now im no longer tooled up.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:24 AM

Men visit them for one thing only and believe that women are there for the same reason....SEX !
A rather cynical view Malcolm, but thankfully not everyone thinks as yourself. Personally the last thing I would be looking for is sex, friendship and an easy companionship with someone of mutually agreeable interests would be my priority and thankfully I could still wield a screwdriver when I have to, it's all part of the deal.. ;ju-)
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:30 AM

A rather cynical view Malcolm, but thankfully not everyone thinks as yourself
I did say 'MEN' Barry.....There are plenty of loose-wristed indeterminates that visit those sites too I believe !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:40 AM

I did say 'MEN' Barry.....There are plenty of loose-wristed indeterminates that visit those sites too I believe !
I believe they have their own special sites Malcolm. You should know that!!!
They wouldn't be interested in one that you or I or Art would go on...
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 09:58 AM

Oh the voice of the seasoned experienced expert. At times I do wonder what goes on in your head with respect to the real world outside.

There are dating sites and there are dating sites for all tastes , and what an excellent idea they are, in particular those who lead very busy lives and do not have time to spend finding a partner in other ways.

Good for you Art, do what you want with your own life and I wish they had been around in my younger days.

Fancy a date, variety is the spice of life and I don't dribble down my bib
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:03 AM

I would have joined a dating site in the past, but, what's put me off is that Art and others who have had dozens of dates haven't found anyone suitable, in fact just between Art and the woman in the article have found less that 1% of men they met were worthy of a second look.
Also I think it strange that if we were discussing a young woman who'd dated that many men, she'd have been regarded as a right floosy!
If I did look for a date I'd want someone who was honest enough to say they're balding, plump etc. not one who tries to impress or look younger.
I'll hopefully come across someone normal eventually.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I believe they have their own special sites Malcolm. You should know that!!!
They wouldn't be interested in one that you or I or Art would go on...
Some sites Malcolm would not qualify for, the minimum criteria being at least a car costing over £150K. My friend who owns a large company joined one and complained that he was made to feel like a piece of shite from the gutter.
He also joined the come and get it sites and being a good looking guy he was bedding one a day, sometimes two. Then he complained about that as it was making "Percy" sore
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would have joined a dating site in the past, but, what's put me off is that Art and others who have had dozens of dates haven't found anyone suitable
Suitable for what?
If there's a whiff of desperation and an air of 'I'm after a man for life/ a new husband" about you (one) then I think most men would run for the hills. After all you don't meet someone in your normal day to day life in that way.
But if you're after spending an hour or so over a drink or meal just chatting and relaxing as opposed to spending that time alone, then you might just decide you like them enough to see them again. Or not.
I think a great deal depends on your temperament and your sense of adventure.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would have joined a dating site in the past, but, what's put me off is that Art and others who have had dozens of dates haven't found anyone suitable, in fact just between Art and the woman in the article have found less that 1% of men they met were worthy of a second look.
Also I think it strange that if we were discussing a young woman who'd dated that many men, she'd have been regarded as a right floosy!
If I did look for a date I'd want someone who was honest enough to say they're balding, plump etc. not one who tries to impress or look younger.
I'll hopefully come across someone normal eventually.
My thoughts too TessA

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top