Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Re: What event has had the most impact on your life

I would say it was the death of my Mother when I was 16 months old. My brother came home from school for lunch and found Mother dead at the foot of the stairs, she had been polishing the floor and had a cerebral hemorrhage , I was in my pram crying.

I would say this single event sent out ripples like a stone tossed in a pool and had a profound effect on my whole life. Had it not happened I could have been a very different person.
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 09:28 PM

It's only sad things that have had an impact on my life ... we won't go there & bring the mood down ... so on a happier note ... moving into a house with a real fireplace ... the best thing ever ... sometimes we light it after a barby & everyone can come it when it gets chilly & warm up!
With the door still open for the summer night of course!!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Difficult to pin it down to one event really. There are very worthy candidates from different chapters of my life.
If I had to be brutally honest the one event that got my attention the quickest was when my sainted Oncologist came in the ward to have "a chat".

It looked very much like I would not play for the full ninety minutes, indeed I could expect a visit from 'He Who Rides the Pale Horse' within the month unless we did something radical and quickly.

Unless dear reader I am writing this from a parallel world or sat up here, floating on another sea where there are no ships or hardships that I can see, I am in fact alive...............still, so it must have worked.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 12:46 AM

July 22, 1985. I gave birth to my wonderful triplet daughters. Sarah, Valerie and Madeleine were conceived through in-vitro fertilization, after 10 years of infertility treatments.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 01:41 AM

How wonderful, Annie! That was truly a blessing of modern medicine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
July 22, 1985. I gave birth to my wonderful triplet daughters. Sarah, Valerie and Madeleine were conceived through in-vitro fertilization, after 10 years of infertility treatments.
How wonderful, Annie! They must have kept you busy - I found I was on the go all the time with my twins!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 04:05 PM

What an interesting thread
Very mundanely (if that's a word) I guess it was meeting my OH. I was 17, he was 18 (Aaaagh!) and it'll be our 40th wedding anniversary next year. So, if that meeting didn't affect both our futures, most profoundly, I don't know what did

If you're asking about non-domestic events, I'll need more time to think
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 10:05 PM

the housing shortage in the 60/70's broke up my marriage and left me homeless for 40 years
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 10:20 AM

My Mother when she died of dementia
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 01:20 PM

What event has had the most impact on your life
Goodness there have been so many things but if I have to choose just one it has to be an experience I went through some years ago.I can't write all about it here as it sound's like an episode out of the X Files...so ive been told.All I will say is it taught me alot and I would give all I own to relive that time.Yes it was a Spiritual experience and one I will cherish forever and one that also changed my life in so many way's and no........im not a religious person.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top