Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 03:29 AM

Re: What's that fuzzy stuff ?

Nose hair.When you are asleep ,snoring agitates the nasal cavity and loosens the hairs.When you arise and walk about they fall to the ground.Nothing to be concerned about,it's not fatal.Although if you find it distressing you could always shove cotton wool up your nose.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Nose hair.When you are asleep ,snoring agitates the nasal cavity and loosens the hairs.When you arise and walk about they fall to the ground.Nothing to be concerned about,it's not fatal.Although if you find it distressing you could always shove cotton wool up your nose.
Ha Ha that's funny.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 09:09 AM

Dust Bunnies.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Your belly button?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, I often wear socks around the apt. Plus I have rawhide slippers with the hair on the INSIDE. Hard to imagine that all that fuzzy stuff is coming from socks and slippers. the fuzzy stuff is difinately not long human hair. Besides I am nearly bald.
Can't take photos.
Is the dog chewing your rawhide slippers?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dust Bunnies.
Hmm. I've heard of that expression but I have no idea of what causes it.
No carpets, no pets.
I found a photo on the www. that is pretty darn close to what I'm talking about.
Upon further closer examination, I see many hairs that are aprox near the length of arm, leg, and chest hairs. Slightly curly. Gee, do humans shed those arm, leg and chest hairs ?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	fe-iStock_000020657560_Full-a6d2385.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	14313  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 07:07 PM

No carpets, no pets.
I found a photo on the www. that is pretty darn close to what I'm talking about.
Upon further closer examination, I see many hairs that are aprox near the length of arm, leg, and chest hairs. Slightly curly. Gee, do humans shed those arm, leg and chest hairs ?

Uuuurrr, that pic looks like a pile of rats or mice huddled together.

Bakerman, lf the hairs on human bodies shed like that, l now have an image of a Yeti living in your apartment!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 08:26 PM

Bakerman, have you ever examined these pieces of 'fluff' carefully, and in a good light, or do you just sweep them up and bin them?

I have wondered a couple of things.

Have you got lots of books? There are insects which eat old paper, cardboard and books. It wouldn't do any harm to check your oldest books to be sure.

Secondly, old clothes in wardrobes. Nothing eating them is there?

I would examine some of this fluff with a magnifying glass if you have one, just to make sure there is nothing living inside the fluff balls, too.

Has this problem only just started recently, or has it been going on for ages?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 08:46 PM

No carpets, no pets.
Oh yes.

The hair follicles on your head can live for between seven years on average (mine must be less, and even that has been decreasing since I reached my twenties) before entering a short phase where they lay dormant and then the hair is released from the follicle and falls out.
The human head AVERAGES (it is said) 100,000 hairs/follicles - interestingly it is some 10,000 less if you're a redhead.

BUT body hair averages only between three and six months so - as you can imagine - with the huge number of follicles and hairs on the human body (an estimated 5 million on average) that means that quite a lot are shed each and every day.
Numbers?
Five million divided by the median of 4.5 months (= say 137 days) equals ........... are you ready for this? ....... almost thirty six and a half THOUSAND body hairs shed each and every day!

Mix them with the nigh-on million skin cells us average human sheds every day too (an average of eight pounds per year) and you might begin to understand where some of the dust comes from.

Can you think of something a bit more pleasant for your next topic of disgustion - er, discussion please?
bakerman
Mexico

18-12-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Oh yes.

The hair follicles on your head can live for between seven years on average (mine must be less, and even that has been decreasing since I reached my twenties) before entering a short phase where they lay dormant and then the hair is released from the follicle and falls out.
The human head AVERAGES (it is said) 100,000 hairs/follicles - interestingly it is some 10,000 less if you're a redhead.

BUT body hair averages only between three and six months so - as you can imagine - with the huge number of follicles and hairs on the human body (an estimated 5 million on average) that means that quite a lot are shed each and every day.
Numbers?
Five million divided by the median of 4.5 months (= say 137 days) equals ........... are you ready for this? ....... almost thirty six and a half THOUSAND body hairs shed each and every day!

Mix them with the nigh-on million skin cells us average human sheds every day too (an average of eight pounds per year) and you might begin to understand where some of the dust comes from.

Can you think of something a bit more pleasant for your next topic of disgustion - er, discussion please?
Wow I think you probably hit the nail; on the head. I had no idea that humans were that dirty.
I have no magnifying glass, but now that you mention it, the hairs I've looked at do resemble short human hairs.
Sorry I came up with a disgusting topic, but now that my curiosity is satisfied, I'll try to do better next time.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top