Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 07:07 PM

Re: Anyone ever try hypnosis?

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Oh I wouldnt like it , have to be in charge of myself if you know what i mean. I once went to a spiritualist meeting with a friend who was trying to speak to her son (very sad)she was a member of the Epilepsy group and the woman(spiritulist)said there is someone here who is blocking me and it was me not intentionally I have to say.Sorry.
It is strange that people think spiritualism is a telephone service, I can assure your friend that it isn't.
However mediums that charge an entrance fee, are more than likely charlatans.
She should attend a regular church service, and to go with an open mind and she may just get some contact.
If possible attend a church that is not in her area.
I always like to attend S. churches when I am away from home.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 07:19 PM

It was a while ago Wrinkly and my friend has now died with altzeimers earlier this year so she will be able to talk to him now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 10:55 PM

Not sure who is the giver, and who is the taker in this hypnosis stuff. It seems that the giver has to be in some sort of trance themselves, and the taker has to be open to any suggestion that the giver proposes, not a good situation from any perspective, and probably best left well alone.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I have, a very strange experience!
Can you share the story?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 01:29 AM

My mother once told me we had a relative who was a hypnotist. There was a scandal because he once put someone in a trance but couldn't bring them out of it. Wish I had more details... not sure I believe it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 01:56 AM

What does hypnosis have to do with the supernatural?

Nothing whatsoever. The one is a medically accepted, tried and trusted form of assistance, used only by those who have studied the technique for years, and the other has never been proven, but there are some who do have a gift.

You can believe this or not, but I once hypnotisied my mum. I didn't even know I had that ability, but I did do it, and when she came round, she felt wonderful.

I know there are many cynics, but I am telling the truth because I don't tell lies.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Can you share the story?
Well Sue, it was strange, I was aware of what was going on whilst in a trance, it was a regression.
This is another debatable subject, but I believe we were reincarnated.
This is what I recall, I can't actually find David's transcript, that he later sent to me, this he had got from a taped recording.
At the time it cost me £25, and the amazing thing is I don't remember driving 40 miles home, you are not supposed to drive after hypnosis David tol me later.

Please do not attempt to try anything you read on this thread, as I can't be held responsible. Please make sure you see an Hypnotherapist before any such treatment, I am only relating what happened to myself, after completing a questionnaire from the therapist.

Dave explained what he was trying to do, if you get a piece of paper and draw a triangle on it, then draw a parallel line right across 2/3 rds up from the bottom, you now have a small triangle at the top, the small triangle is your conscious mind and the bottom is your unconscious mind. The unconscious side is where we drag the odd thing we want to do, e.g if you rode a bike in your younger days the chances are you would be able to get on a bike now and ride it, dragging the information from your unconscious mind. Right at the bottom of the triangle right deep below our unconscious mind is our past life memories, the idea being that these are the memories that the therapist is after and as he gets
the triangle tips over one way until if he can it over about 90deg. so that some of your unconscious mind is at the top, and this is what the therapist is trying to achieve.

I was told I was aware of what I was saying and what Dave was saying. to set the scene I sat in a black leather chair that reclined and a leather stool to put your legs up. Dave sat to my left and ran through what was going to happen relaxed me for about an hour before we actually started the regression. When he started he started a tape recorder running with the sound of the sea lapping the shore gently. He gave me a blanket to pull over my legs and got me comfortable with my legs up on the stool and the chair reclined till I was comfortable. Then he started, I automatically closed my eyes whilst the regression went on. Dave talking to me to relax me, started by telling me to relax my feet and ankles on the count of 2, then running through my body until I was completely relaxed, and I must admit it was nice, the sound of the sea lapping the shores gently.
If I had been completely under I wouldn't have been able to tell you this.
After the initial exercise of the going through the relaxation stage, Dave said I want you to see a long tunnel with a light at the end, I will count to 20 and by the time I have got to 20 I want you to step into the light, 1 2 3 and so on on 20 I was through the barrier.

On the count of 20 I was through the tunnel, it seemed very tranquil and just bright, couldn't recall seeing anything at this stage, but I did seem to slip deeper into relaxation more than I can really explain just totally limp. I was asked what was I wearing? I sort of gathered myself and realized I could see, what are you wearing on your feet?, my reply was wooden shoes, what clothes was I wearing?, a leather apron I replied, what other clothes have you on?, none was my reply. What is your name? at this I struggled and to come out with Harold, what is your second name? Smith I replied, Where do you live in the back of the blacksmiths shop I replied. Let's go into that room and tell me what you see, I can see a table and chairs and a bed, Is there anybody else in the room, No I said. How old are you Harold? 20 was my reply, Do you live alone? yes I said. Do you have a mum and dad? No they are dead I said. When did they die Harold?A few years ago was my reply. What did they die from Harold? everybody was dying from a chest problem. Where are they buried Harold? they were cremated in a pile of other bodies, I replied. What did your dad do for work. He was a blacksmith, what did your mum do?, washing I replied.
I was then asked were there any shops where I lived?. No I replied. what can you see from the front of the smithy? Houses. Is there a church , No, just a priory. I replied. Who lives in the priory. Monks I said,
What else can you see from the blacksmiths shop? A farm, I replied who lives in the farm?. Mr Duggit and Mrs Duggit. Is he a nice man, Mr Duggit.? No I replied. i worked for him, shoeing his horses. How does he pay you? with food, what type of food? bread cheese meat and chickens and eggs I replied.

I have left some bit's out it would be a bit long, bearing in mind we are talking of 2 hours, so I have condensed it a bit, If you feel there is something missing just ask.

At this stage David said at the count of 2 I want you to go 5 to 10 years on in your life, 1 2 you are now further on in your life, what are you doing, still shoeing horses and working for Mr Duggit, Are You well? is there anything changed in the last few years> NO was my reply. Have you now got somebody in your life now, No was my reply. At the count of 2 I want you to go another 5 to 10 years, once again the same questions and the same answers. No change. David then said on the count of 2 I want you to go another 5 to 10 years further on. 1 2 now where are you? In the priory I replied. Why are you at the priory?, David asked, sick was my reply. What's wrong with you? David asked. I can't breathe my chest hurts. I think I am dying. Who is looking after you? asked David. The monks are. At this David said at the count of 2 I want you to return as Arthur. 1 2 you are now back fully relaxed as Arthur. Now I want you to see your favourite colour, and imagine a small bubble in the distant, a bubble that looks like the bubble you get from washing up liquid, now watch that bubble coming towards you getting bigger and bigger notice the colours and it gets bigger till it envelops you and your chair, stay fully relaxed and when you are feeling better the bubble will leave you and go away getting smaller and smaller. Arthur I would like you when you aren't too well to sit down fully relax and remember your colours and the bubble, draw the bubble in to envelop you and once again when you feel better it will of it's own accord leave you again to use again.
At the count of 2 I want you to return fully to this time now, 1 2 and I was fully back. My first question to David was did I go to sleep. No he said , To be honest I think I would find it very hard to sit for 2 hours with my eyes open, I just couldn't believe It.

I didn't know he was going to give me healing, that's a bonus, and something to remember when having healing.

That ends my regression, it doesn't sound much for 2 hours does it. There might be more, I am getting a full transcript typed by David, and gave my permission for it to be used in a book.
My life as Harold Smith didn't seem very exciting did it, no women nothing changing year after year. It seems as though I was tied to the farm like a slave, never moving out the hamlet or even off the farm. Sorry not very exciting but I suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Charles was ruler, I took that to be Charles because the Great Plague was in Charles the second times. I think people were dying from consumption (tuberculosis).

Do I believe it? of course I do, because David was a nice honest man, may he rest in peace.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 11:35 AM

As a young teenager I was hypnosed, because I was suffering from nightmares, so a relation of mine took me to this Hypnoteur (spellt right?)

After this I was cured.. and since then I've never had a nightmare since
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Well Sue, it was strange, I was aware of what was going on whilst in a trance, it was a regression...

My life as Harold Smith didn't seem very exciting did it, no women nothing changing year after year. It seems as though I was tied to the farm like a slave, never moving out the hamlet or even off the farm. Sorry not very exciting but I suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Charles was ruler, I took that to be Charles because the Great Plague was in Charles the second times. I think people were dying from consumption (tuberculosis). [/B]

Do I believe it? of course I do, because David was a nice honest man, may he rest in peace.
This is somewhat like the experience I had a few years ago. There were 6 of us in a regression 'workshop'. I won't go into detail as it was the same steps: relaxation and visualizing oneself in a past life.

When we shared, every one of us related difficult and dreary stories. The woman who led the session told us that of hundreds of similar sessions she's done there has never been anyone who felt they were important or famous - no kings, queens, war heroes. Not sure what I think of it but it was interesting.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

30-08-2012, 03:07 PM

I felt the same way as you did Sue, but the amazing thing is, and I wonder whether it was just coincidence.
I touched on a bit of blacksmithing at school and my job, I live 3 doors from a 16/1700 blacksmiths shop, I also worked in a blacksmiths shop at Fillongley near Coventry, where supposedly Cromwell had some work done, before he destroyed Fillongley castle.
Coincidence ?? or what? I left with an open mind, because David {R.I.P}was a respected friend of mine.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top