Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 06:08 PM

Re: 'Sandy' (Hurricane )

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I've heard from Pixie tonight at long last, and she echoed your remarks, Annie Jack. I can't help worrying though.
Glad you heard from her! I'm sure she's storing up food and flashlight batteries etc., just like the rest of us. We do get stuck indoors due to winter snow storms sometimes so this really isn't scary. People just need to be sensible and prepared.

I hope to run out shortly for wool... if I'm going to be stuck indoors I might as well have a project to work on. If we lose power and I'm not online, picturing me knitting by candlelight.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Glad you heard from her! I'm sure she's storing up food and flashlight batteries etc., just like the rest of us. We do get stuck indoors due to winter snow storms sometimes so this really isn't scary. People just need to be sensible and prepared.

I hope to run out shortly for wool... if I'm going to be stuck indoors I might as well have a project to work on. If we lose power and I'm not online, picturing me knitting by candlelight.
Just be careful and don't get eye strain Annie darlin'.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just be careful and don't get eye strain Annie darlin'.
No worries. Some simple things I can do with my eyes closed.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 12:25 AM

thats right just had a warring fromm kitchener hydro to watch oput for falling hydro wires wev just shut the storm doors brought things in the winds are picking up now
bought battries and i bought some led lighs that look like trees there on battries lots of lights of them saer than candles staying home tomorow
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 12:26 AM

just down the road from you Annie just over a hours drive
pixie
Canada

30-10-2012, 12:38 AM

just had to go out on the porxh chiars are geting blown upside down had to bring them in
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
just down the road from you Annie just over a hours drive
We didn't lose power overnight at all. Winds are quiet this morning and no rain... how was your night Ann?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 05:26 PM

We have an american guy here whose family are all in New Jersey but they are all OK. Mostly trees down and power outage.

Our company will probably have to pay out a substantial claim. There is a 'hurricane' meeting going on as I type this !
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 06:01 PM

does anyone know if Vancuver in Canada is affected. and round the Big Lakes, think the Lakes are Ontario??
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
does anyone know if Vancuver in Canada is affected. and round the Big Lakes, think the Lakes are Ontario??
Vancouver is way too far west Hazel. Lake Ontario is one of the Great Lakes and could be affected I would think.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top