Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:02 AM

Re: Go Anywhere

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I use Google Street View sometimes to land somewhere in the world and explore. Its about as close as I'll get to travel anytime soon!
Great isn't it (used to better). I did that before going to NY. I felt like I knew the place when i got there.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:02 AM

A lot of people don't realise, they have a philosophical passport, without a selfie on it.

Or do but can't be arsed anyway.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A lot of people don't realise, they have a philosophical passport, without a selfie on it.

Or do but can't be arsed anyway.
Or, they are having an existravel crisis.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I use Google Street View sometimes to land somewhere in the world and explore. Its about as close as I'll get to travel anytime soon!
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Pixie, I was just about to mention Google Earth when I saw your post. I do that as well, it's a great way to travel & involves no flying.
Oooo, yes, Google Earth!

Try Random Street View too. You can be taken anywhere and can also choose a general location.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

09-02-2021, 12:08 AM

... and all about 5 years out of date
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->

Google picked 'Bin day' when they photographed our road. Very nice it looks too.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Pixie, I was just about to mention Google Earth when I saw your post. I do that as well, it's a great way to travel & involves no flying.
Isn't it just! Sit with a coffee in the middle of Japan, fabulous!
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

09-02-2021, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Google picked 'Bin day' when they photographed our road. Very nice it looks too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
It does give you an idea of the places though.
Except if I go to the house my late Mother lived in, it still has the swan planters she had at the front door & the metal gates & that house has changed hands twice since we sold it now.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oooo, yes, Google Earth!

Try Random Street View too. You can be taken anywhere and can also choose a general location.
MapCrunch too - have you heard of that? Pretty much the same thing but I found myself on a mountain in Peru yesterday. Views were amazing!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top