Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Re: 999 Ambulance.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A long time ago - well - 2003.

Are you able to tell us what happened,ST?

I understand if you don’t, glad to see that you made it and still here.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:41 PM

I was just saying to my OH that today marks a year since I tripped on open toed slippers and tripped from the step, dislocating my shoulder and breaking a bone. I was in too much pain and had to wait for an ambulance to arrive and give me gas and air in order to go to hospital.

Although it took a wee while for the ambulance to arrive, the treatment I received was wonderful and the doctor in A&E was able to reposition my shoulder which meant I only required physiotherapy to get back to normal.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:42 PM

Only once thank god. A bad diverticulitis attack.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I hope you didn’t get kidney damage as a result of that blockage?
. I did. Fortunately it was not permanent and numbers were back to near normal within a week or so.

Bloody hurt though and peeing blood is very frightening because I suspected I'd been exposed to Schistosomiasis (Bilharzia or Snail Fever) a few years earlier.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I was just saying to my OH that today marks a year since I tripped on open toed slippers and tripped from the step, dislocating my shoulder and breaking a bone. I was in too much pain and had to wait for an ambulance to arrive and give me gas and air in order to go to hospital.

Although it took a wee while for the ambulance to arrive, the treatment I received was wonderful and the doctor in A&E was able to reposition my shoulder which meant I only required physiotherapy to get back to normal.

Oh my goodness, you must have been in agony, I broke my wrist once, that was enough for me,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-02-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Only once thank god. A bad diverticulitis attack.

My friend has diverticulitis,Petra, isn’t that where fragments of food gets stuck in pockets in the bowel?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-02-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
. I did. Fortunately it was not permanent and numbers were back to near normal within a week or so.

Bloody hurt though and peeing blood is very frightening because I suspected I'd been exposed to Schistosomiasis (Bilharzia or Snail Fever) a few years earlier.

Good to hear that, you were lucky.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
What a worrying time that must have been,Cass.
Actually very reassuring ,we had known something was going on and OH had been for an ECG which showed nothing but we knew there was something wrong so when the paramedic confirmed that he was having a heart attack it was nice to know we weren't paranoid.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-02-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Actually very reassuring ,we had known something was going on and OH had been for an ECG which showed nothing but we knew there was something wrong so when the paramedic confirmed that he was having a heart attack it was nice to know we weren't paranoid.

I’ve heard a number of cases,Cazz,where some people have had an ECG ,nothing showed up, then went on to have a heart attack.a few were fatal, very scary.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:55 PM

Hi
Since December 23 last year I have needed them 4 times

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top