Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:47 AM

Re: Does anyone watch 50's & 60's Sitcoms

Originally Posted by zoolady100 ->
Ok thanks Mollie, you're a dear heart
Goodnight
Gotta get choppin' veggies for all the bunnies & guinea pigs

I'll take a look at your link tomorrow
Bless you lass. Am about to depart meself as it's 1.45 and I have to work tomorrow, but I'm a night hawk, so hope to speak with you again soon.
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

19-07-2013, 02:22 AM

For sure! I hope you're reading this the next day because if you're not, it means you're still up!!!
Take care
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 08:37 AM

Hi Zoo - 'love' all the old sitcoms ....
Lucille Ball, fantastic ...... Mr Ed .....Wonderful ......
Dick Van Dyke show ...... Great ......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Loved Starsky and Hutch. We even have Hutch living in England now, he is now a British Citizen. (David Soul) My fav black and white when younger was My Friend Flicka and Lucille Ball. I have to know about these programmes as I am in a Quiz team online and its run by people in the USA. A part from Baseball and Football which I know nothing about they keep asking questions about shows like Andy Griffiths Show etc and I just have to guess the answer.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Going back further - these 2 made some good 'uns .....

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:01 PM

Hi my husband & I cancelled our satellite service on the TV about 2 yrs ago & don't miss it one iota.

We don't care for modern TV & instead we watch our favourite TV shows from before we were born or just little kids.

We only have time for 1/2 hr at supper so we'll watch an episode of The Andy Griffith show & before bedtime, we'll relax with another show which could be anything from Family Affair Leave It To Beaver, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. to Starsky & Hutch (geez, I loved S & H growing up in the 70's, ha ha! I had scrapbooks, posters, etc)

Thanks all, just curious
I cancelled mine too about 4 years ago and I don't miss it one iota. There are a couple of things I do watch on terrestrial but mostly I watch things on youtube - old comedies, old films, old westerns, old mysteries; love 'em

If you liked One Foot In The Grave, try watching The Vicar of Dibley - brilliant
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I love all that black and white stuff, and the old films, always a good story line and no stupid endings that you can't figure out.
I get a lot of the old stuff on the Archive Org site, they have a huge selection and it's all free and without obligation, no signing up or joining, though you can join if you want to make any comments, it's a huge library including old radio shows and film documentaries, all for the public to use, the films are all in the public domain, you could spend all day there if you had nothing else to do, refreshing in these days of the grab all's.
Jem - thanks ever so for the info - will check that later - you deserve a slap on the back

zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

19-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Hi Pats how do you put up those moving pictures? I'm really articulate today

I want to put just a plain old photo for under my name but who knows if I'll figure it out. If anyone can easily explain it, I'm all ears.

btw, the 1 of Laurel & Hardy is so funny, thanks!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Hi Zoo - check in forum help list for photos info .......
Yep - Laurel & Hardy were great ......
If you like our sitcoms - see if you can find 'George & Mildred' .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Hi Pats how do you put up those moving pictures? I'm really articulate today

I want to put just a plain old photo for under my name but who knows if I'll figure it out. If anyone can easily explain it, I'm all ears.

btw, the 1 of Laurel & Hardy is so funny, thanks!
The picture/photo that shows under your name is called an avatar.

Click on Control Panel in the orange bar above...

Scroll down to Settings & Options > click on EDIT AVATAR..

Enter the URL of the image you have chosen...

Click on Save Changes at the bottom of page.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top