Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:57 PM

Re: Are You A Townie Or A Country Bumpkin?

I was brought up in a village in Warwickshire, near Stratford-upon-Avon, and when I was 17 we moved to Manchester; then I went to university in Nottingham

Eventually I moved to Kendal for about 30 years and people were surprised when I moved to Burnley; but I don't mind a bit of city life, so I suppose I'm a Townie
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 08:01 PM

Well I have been brought up in the Town, very busy places, but since getting married we now live in the Countryside with the Woodlands opposite my House, so I see the wildlife, but we would like to move again to Devon or Somerset in a Country Village.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Lived in crowded London all my life, apart from the short time when I moved with parents to the park home in the middle of the forest. Not being able to walk to a shop was a bit stifling (and the spiders were jumbo sized), so I jumped at the opportunity to rent a flat back in London. A year or so later I bought the flat I'm in now.

Love the flat, hate being in London.

When Mum lived in her village, before going into sheltered housing, I loved looking up at the clear sky when leaving her bungalow in the dark. It was truly beautiful.

Now she was keen to get away from there, as she felt vulnerable, but I felt it was so peaceful. Looked out over fields (and the M11 motorway!), but it did boast a post office/newsagent, a few shops...and reality star Mark Wright living just a few yards away!

So, what am I? A townie, definitely, but I aspire to living by the sea.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 09:46 PM

From choice, I would be choose country life or coast every time.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 09:47 PM

I'm a country bumpkin.
I love looking outside and seeing nature, and not another house.
It makes my day, every day!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 10:03 PM

I've lived in both so I'm a townie bumpkin.

Loved living in the countryside. It was like living on top of the world where I lived. I'd go back in a shot, but my daughter is adamant that I need to be near a hospital as I age. It's rather nice of her to worry about me, she usually couldn't give an SH one T

Where I live now is nice and quiet, lots of trees, stream, pond, peaceful (boringly so) and the countryside is near enough by car.

I keep hankering to live by the sea now. Wonder if I can squeeze that in before I slide off the plate
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 10:42 PM

I too have lived in both. I much prefer the country though, were I live we have fields & farms & moorland, but are on the edge of what used to be a village, when we moved here & it's now a town. We were the fastest growing village a few years ago. We are 10 minutes walk from Dartmoor, but it is straight up & I mean up, a farm track/foot path.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 11:11 PM

I'm a townie but I'm almost on the outskirts, I would hate to live in the centre of a town. We are about a 15-20 minute ride away from the countryside.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 11:18 PM

Lived in a City, and in a Village, one thing is constant, there is un-scooped dog poop on the pavements, seeing constants is good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 06:51 AM

Countryman by birth and belief.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top