Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Re: GPs, Receptionists and the like

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Perhaps the receptionist shouldn't have told you the GP would ring you back Rachel - it seems a bit unusual that a GP would ring you about something you had lost and needed a replacemnt for. She might have been new and unsure of what she was supposed to do. Anyway, I think you must be pleased to have it back, but where did you find your printout Rachel?

Absolutely she shouldn't have told me that .... she didn't sound like a new person .... grrrrrrrrrrr

Yes I am happy to have found it, cos I needed the notes I'd written on it
It was in with my other medical stuff, hiding doh
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
A slight change of subject but our receptionist now has my mobile number, they apparently text patients the day before an appointment (especially with the nurse, which are usually made a week in advance) because so many people don't turn up and don't 'phone to cancel.
That's sensible but how irritating that people don't turn up or cancel. That's really not on is it.
I always book GP appointments online. There is also an automated appointments facility but it's complete rubbish.

My Dentist's receptionist always rings the day before an appointment
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:54 PM

My dentist does the same.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:56 PM

You've got a good surgery there Rachel - we think we've won the lottery if we get an appointment ! Used to be so good - not anymore...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

16-03-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
My dentist does the same.
Sensible people

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
You've got a good surgery there Rachel - we think we've won the lottery if we get an appointment ! Used to be so good - not anymore...
To get an appointment with my own GP, I have to book at least 2 weeks in advance.
3 weeks is the norm
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 10:45 AM

Rachel - used to be that way at my surgery - could book 2 weeks in advance - not any more - 'has' to be on the day, can you imagine - everyone wanting an appointment ! Chaos....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

16-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Rachel - used to be that way at my surgery - could book 2 weeks in advance - not any more - 'has' to be on the day, can you imagine - everyone wanting an appointment ! Chaos....
THAT is insane

The online thingie shows all the appointments for the present month and fair number for the next.
It's lovely being able to pick and choose

Why would your surgery do something that crazy ?
Do you ever manage to see your own GP ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
THAT is insane

The online thingie shows all the appointments for the present month and fair number for the next.

I wish our surgery would do that Rachel - they jealously guard every single appointment as though it's a gold find! Having to justify why you need it and so on. How does that work at your surgery? I'm looking for hints and tips that I can take up to my surgery
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-03-2013, 04:56 PM

Exactly the same here Karen - the phone is a non starter, you hold on for ages.... If you go there to make an appointment, it is jam packed. We have so many immigrants on the books now, it never used to be so full. Don't get me wrong I am 'not' racist - at all. Count yer blessings there Rachel....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
THAT is insane

You are one of the lucky ones, then. When HMG a few years back decreed that all patients should be able to see a GP within 48hrs regardless of need, the systems had to change for a lot of GPs. Which meant severely restricting booking appointments in advance to allow enough slots each day. It's lunacy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top