Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 11:01 AM

Re: DIYers

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Plantman, you may be able to help, yesterday I took a reading on one spirit level and it was plumb, I checked again with another level and it was out of kilter, and to compound matters a second bubble sometimes appears, do you think I will have to employ Plumb Bob.
I do admire your love of the spirit level Spitty, there is something immensely satisfying about levelling in every direction... (Note to self, must get out more... ) and yes, Plumb Bob is one of my oldest acquaintances. I say acquaintance because when I was taught to be a bricklayer back in the 60's we had to use one rather than a spirit level and I found it to be a terribly difficult piece of kit unless the day was absolutely windless, so the spirit level after that time became a real good friend to me as well...
churrillman
United Kingdom
churrillman is male 

06-04-2014, 12:37 PM

I bought one of these a couple of years ago when I retired and a shed

http://youtu.be/1jJHRyBmDqE
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by churrillman ->
I bought one of these a couple of years ago when I retired and a shed

http://youtu.be/1jJHRyBmDqE
That looks impressive Al .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 03:32 PM

I have a pointing trowel and some wedges for splitting stone which belonged to Dad and which I treasure .

Not sure I have the stamina and eyesight to use many tools these days.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 05:07 PM

I have a storeroom full of DIY tools which cost me a fortune but only get used when my son comes over to stay for a week or two. The first thing he does when he arrives is to spread them all over my kitchen floor where they're left for me to put back into the storeroom after he's gone! (A mother's life is not an easy one).

My favourite tool is "me chopper" ..... don't know what I'd do if I couldn't chop sticks in the winter for my fire.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 07:16 PM

Mine's the power drill, love it.
I often get two bubbles on the spirit level Spitty, one on the right and one on the left, when that happens I take a break to give one of the bubbles time to burst, one time the two of them burst together, there was no work done that day.
churrillman
United Kingdom
churrillman is male 

06-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That looks impressive Al .
It sure is usefull Meg but not cheap it was featured on Dragons Den and he got the investment he wanted, it is a quality piece of kit.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:39 PM

Okaaaaaaay, who's gonna buy me one for Christmas?!!!!

Looks triffic, and so easy.

Wonder if the dragons are still on board and if it turned that profit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:46 PM

I can't live without my pointy-nosed pliers, not only do they close those little ring thingies when making jewelry, they also hold nails so you don't hit your thumb and undo the superglue top when you stick it shut!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:16 PM

£430. Wow.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top